VeggieBoards banner

Birthday party

859 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Treehugger267 
#1 ·
Alright, I've been invited to my friends b-day party, but it's at the Wildlife Centre.

I am completely against using other animals as entertainment, but I don't want to let her down!

Help?

See less See more
#3 ·
No.

I went there before for my birthday (before being veggie)

It's basically a zoo with animals in cages that you can look at and take photo's.

I do not approve of using fellow animals as entertainment, yet I really want to come and not let my bff down D:

#4 ·
Then don't go there because of the animals, go there because of your friend.

You can nicely let her know that you're not happy with the location and your reasons, but as long as I didn't believe there was actual abuse taking place, I would be there for my friend.

#6 ·
Sometimes it better to pick your battles. As long as the animals are not being mistreated, I don't see why you shouldn't celebrate your girlfriends birthday at the Wildlife Center.

If you choose to go, I don't think I would spoil your friends birthday by telling her you don't approve of the location.

#7 ·
I'd go because it was for my friend.

I'll liken it to the zoo (which I hate and think is terrible). I get dragged there yearly as a chaperone for the school field trips. But, I talk to the kids about how much happier the animals would be if they were at their own homes and we take the time to read about where they should be and how they would live naturally. The kids usually agree that they look sad and they wish they were home too. We all agree they are beautiful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.