The Weather - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 67Likes

#1 Old 01-19-2005, 08:28 PM

What a safe topic! I think.

I live in Southern California. First, we had record rainfall. It was cold. It was windy. It was wet. I got depressed. That was a week and a half ago. Now it's hot and dry. I HATE this kind of weather. I don't do well in this kind of weather. My skin feels like sandpaper no matter how much lotion I use. My sinuses go from being all stuffed up and drippy to being dry as a bone, and back and forth.

If you are living where it's wet and icy and below freezing, don't be jealous of our warm winter weather here in LaLaLand. It's making me grumpy. I got depressed when it was cold and raining, but I think I'd like to have that weather back, because at least I could snuggle up with a blanket and a nice hot cuppa tea. Bah!

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-19-2005, 08:40 PM

I live in Northern Michigan, there was much snow today. Which I guess is a nice change from just crappy grey really friggin cold weather. It was below zero for quite a bit last week And icy icy.

I'm moving to Hawaii. Or I could go to Florida and stay with Rincaro
#3 Old 01-19-2005, 09:08 PM

Yeah, it's been very dry up here in San Francisco as well since that deluge a couple of weeks ago. Not that warm here though. I was freezing in my car on the Bay Bridge today. Still, I travel to DC a lot and everytime I am there it rains and it is either too cold or too warm and then I am so happy to be back here.

#4 Old 01-19-2005, 09:14 PM

Not bad here today..a brisk 15 or so. Yesterday however, I woke up 7:00ish and heard on the radio "the temperature here at the studio is 1".

Thank goodness my mom taught me how to dress in layers.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#5 Old 01-19-2005, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

How DARE you talk about the weather like that! The weather saved my baby!
David3 likes this.
#6 Old 01-19-2005, 10:37 PM

Quote:

I live in Southern California. First, we had record rainfall. It was cold. It was windy. It was wet. I got depressed. That was a week and a half ago. Now it's hot and dry. I HATE this kind of weather. I don't do well in this kind of weather. My skin feels like sandpaper no matter how much lotion I use. My sinuses go from being all stuffed up and drippy to being dry as a bone, and back and forth.

If you are living where it's wet and icy and below freezing, don't be jealous of our warm winter weather here in LaLaLand. It's making me grumpy. I got depressed when it was cold and raining, but I think I'd like to have that weather back, because at least I could snuggle up with a blanket and a nice hot cuppa tea. Bah!

I kinda liked living in Seattle South for a few weeks there. Not too happy about this heat at all, though. I don't like sweating in January unless I'm working out...
#7 Old 01-19-2005, 10:40 PM

I was in Portland last weekend. Ice storm. bah.

It's great to be back in sydney!!
#8 Old 01-19-2005, 11:40 PM

Well last week it was in the -30's and 40's w/ windchill. Then it warmed up a bit this week. Now it's bloody raining/ice pelleting on us. And it's supposed to snow tonight too. The streets look like glazed donuts.
#9 Old 01-19-2005, 11:41 PM

It was -40C here the other week, now it's bouncing between freezin and below freezing, which has made the roads undrivable.

I'm going house-crazy.
#10 Old 01-19-2005, 11:56 PM

It was -40 celcius here for about 2 weeks, but on sunday, we had a chinook and it's up to about +7. it feels positively balmy... I love it!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#11 Old 01-20-2005, 09:46 AM

I live in the valley, and I just looked outside. I am NOT happy.
#12 Old 01-20-2005, 09:54 AM

It's 27 here in Chi town right now...snowing yay!
#13 Old 01-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Who cares what the weather is outside? All that matters is, "Will the kitchen and dining room at work be unsufferably hot again today?" I don't know what it is, but even in the coldest weather, that place can be hot as the oven.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#14 Old 01-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

It's great to be back in sydney!!

Did you bring any water with you?
#15 Old 01-21-2005, 01:10 AM

ooh. im in so cal too. i just loved the rain. a nice refreshing change. to an extent of course. two months i can handle but when i lived in seattle...ugh no way man.

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#16 Old 01-21-2005, 04:00 AM

After being in the low 70s last week ( ), it's now in the 20s-50s here. I love it. There's no reason for it to be %^&^*#@ 70 in January.
#17 Old 02-18-2005, 10:08 AM

It's raining here again. (L.A.)

It's hard to believe that it's summer down under.

#18 Old 02-18-2005, 02:35 PM

It was 60 degrees yesterday and today it is in the low 30's. I hate the cold...yuck.
#19 Old 02-18-2005, 02:43 PM

Well, the weather here in the land of constant weather change at its yo-yo like best (aka Oklahoma) has been a smattering of low 40's, but today it's about 54. Supposed to be almost 70 on Sunday, and then I'm sure we'll drop immediately down to 12 below with sleet.

Aaaah, Oklahoma.
#20 Old 02-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

It's raining here again. (L.A.)

It's hard to believe that it's summer down under.

And it is supposed to rain for another few days at that. We must have record rainfall this year.
#21 Old 02-18-2005, 05:24 PM

In AZ we're getting a lot of rain as well. I live in the desert part of AZ and I've never seen wild grass grown like this before. I don't mind the rain. We need it. We've been in a 50 year drought.
#22 Old 02-19-2005, 03:21 PM

I'm in Minnesota. And the sky is getting really dark blue and "heavy"-looking and we're supposed to get some snow. Yay! It's been a nearly snowless winter in Minneapolis this year. I hope we get LOTS of snow tonight - so much that it'll make driving conditions too risky tomorrow so we don't have to go down to my in-laws for lunch. (please, please, please)
#23 Old 02-19-2005, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetta View Post

I'm in Minnesota. And the sky is getting really dark blue and "heavy"-looking and we're supposed to get some snow. Yay! It's been a nearly snowless winter in Minneapolis this year. I hope we get LOTS of snow tonight - so much that it'll make driving conditions too risky tomorrow so we don't have to go down to my in-laws for lunch. (please, please, please)

poor qetta! Are your in-laws so awful, you have to wish for risky driving conditions in order to get out of visiting them?

#24 Old 02-19-2005, 03:51 PM

Quote:

poor qetta! Are your in-laws so awful, you have to wish for risky driving conditions in order to get out of visiting them?

Oh they're not that bad actually. But tomorrow is Sunday. That's the day my husband and I sleep in, make each other breakfast, snuggle on the couch with books, etc. I really, really, really like my Sundays. Plus, it's a two hour drive each way to his parents' house. And they're "having roast but we'll make sure there's something Lisa can eat." Yeah, right. (Jello salad is: a) NOT salad and b) NOT vegetarian.) But, the plus side is that my brother-in-law will be there (actually, he's not the plus side, he's a total ass) with his wife and two little boys (my only nephews - the plus side!) from Houston. It'll be good to see them again.

Being snowed in at home with my love on a Sunday does sound a little bit better, though ...
#25 Old 02-20-2005, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Subject: Oh, more rain for california?

Date: 2/20/05 10:33:38 PM EST

Author: DShoema730

Maybe it will wash some of the filth back to mexico. See, there's always a bright side to everything.

-from an AOL message board about the continuous wet weather in Southern California.

The above is a typical example of why I gave up on the AOL message boards and really love it here on VB. For all the nastiness that unfortunately arises on VB, it's nothing compared to what gets posted on the AOL message boards every single day. And the people here are really lovely people!

#26 Old 02-23-2005, 09:22 AM

It's supposed to snow Thursday, Friday & Saturday in CT.
#27 Old 02-23-2005, 09:37 AM

Wow - Amy SF. What a horrible thing for that poster to say/write! It shouldn't surprise me so much, I know, but wow.
#28 Old 02-23-2005, 10:25 AM

It's been sunny and mild here in the Portland area for the last two weeks. We've had less than two inches of rain here since the start of the year. It's really starting to freak me out.
#29 Old 07-14-2005, 10:26 AM

bump/

It's really foggy here. I actually like it b/c it's cool in the morning and then warms up later in the day, so I get the best of both. It doesn't get really really hot here until around Labor Day.

#30 Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Banned

Well, In Houston, it's been wet the last couple of days. Yesterday, we had 4 inches of rain dumped on my side of town yesterday, in a matter of two hours. We had a dry spell for most of the summer, and now much rain!

It's been hot, humid and yucky. I really hope that hurricane doesn't hit us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page