The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 35 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 871Likes

#1021 Old 06-22-2017, 01:19 AM
person

What drives me CRAZY is Romanian possessive pronouns in the middle of the night.
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1022 Old 06-22-2017, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post
What drives me CRAZY is Romanian possessive pronouns in the middle of the night.
Uh...I'll bite. What's the story behind this?

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#1023 Old 06-22-2017, 09:37 PM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post
Uh...I'll bite. What's the story behind this?

I am learning Romanian.

Learning languages is good for the brain specially damaged brains. Trying to rewire my brain because I have "innumerable" holes in my white matter that are starting to join up into larger holes but there is nothing wrong with my grey matter that does all the thinking etc but grey matter has to send messages to other parts of grey matter through pathways in the white matter, and when a pathway hits a hole in the white matter the message stops.

So I have been discussing brain plasticity with my Dr - decided on learning a new language. Trying to create new pathways through my brain.

But it has to be new and difficult.

I did Latin in high school and have been learning German already.

So Romanian - new to me and very hard to learn for me anyway - sometimes I can't even put an English sentence together.

I work on it twice a day and one of those times is late at night (convenient time for me).

Possessive Pronouns just made me go "OMG I'm giving up" didn't though. Declining nouns is going to be even worse
Purp likes this.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk

#1024 Old 06-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMts View Post
I am learning Romanian.

Learning languages is good for the brain specially damaged brains. Trying to rewire my brain because I have "innumerable" holes in my white matter that are starting to join up into larger holes but there is nothing wrong with my grey matter that does all the thinking etc but grey matter has to send messages to other parts of grey matter through pathways in the white matter, and when a pathway hits a hole in the white matter the message stops.

So I have been discussing brain plasticity with my Dr - decided on learning a new language. Trying to create new pathways through my brain.

But it has to be new and difficult.

I did Latin in high school and have been learning German already.

So Romanian - new to me and very hard to learn for me anyway - sometimes I can't even put an English sentence together.

I work on it twice a day and one of those times is late at night (convenient time for me).

Possessive Pronouns just made me go "OMG I'm giving up" didn't though. Declining nouns is going to be even worse
Ah, ok. Makes sense. Good luck with everything.
BlueMts likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#1025 Old 07-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Veggie Regular

When people have health issues and you think, "Just change your diet to plant based." but it won't work because, "I love meat." or some other dumb thing.
BlueMts and Emma JC like this.

#1026 Old 07-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

This supposed helliday that highlights independence irks me, like all the other hoopla days so often blindly celebrated throughout the year.

Seems like co-dependence day would be a much more suitable title, especially when you look at the overall state of things and the direction many things are heading in, and then a closer look at how it's celebrated by many.

Grilling animal carcasses and smothering them in other animal bodily secretions while blasting off fireworks that send fear and flashbacks through the bodies of the soldiers they're supposedly honoring. Not to mention the domestic animals and wild life that are negatively affected by it.

But let's keep calling it a holiday, putting things on sale so folks can consume even more, giving many a day off from their usual stressful grind - who isn't grateful for that, and make loud a** exploding noises as soon as it gets dark that emulates the same battle fields that many are still trying to escape in their minds.

Sighs.
Purp and Emma JC like this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#1027 Old 07-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
When people have health issues and you think, "Just change your diet to plant based." but it won't work because, "I love meat." or some other dumb thing.
Like when they complain about all their blood pressure/cholesterol/type 2 diabetes meds but suggesting diet is "too extreme", or "too expensive"
Purp, BlueMts and Emma JC like this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#1028 Old 07-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Like when they complain about all their blood pressure/cholesterol/type 2 diabetes meds but suggesting diet is "too extreme", or "too expensive"
EXACTLY!! I'm over here, like, dude, the local library can help with the plant based diet. Tell your doctor you know someone on the plant based diet the recommended it to you. See what they have to say.

#1029 Old 07-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
EXACTLY!! I'm over here, like, dude, the local library can help with the plant based diet. Tell your doctor you know someone on the plant based diet the recommended it to you. See what they have to say.
Food seems every bit as strong an addiction as drugs-hence, FDA!

I'm bad for that too, I would struggle if it were just my health. Even now I know I should lose weight yet I struggle with eating.

I cringe every time someone talks about how hard it is getting enough calories on a vegan diet. I don't have any problems!
Purp and BlueMts like this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#1030 Old 07-04-2017, 10:25 PM
person

Quote:
Ah, ok. Makes sense. Good luck with everything.

Thank you. (I forgot to say thank you)
Purp likes this.

#1031 Old 07-04-2017, 10:27 PM
person

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Food seems every bit as strong an addiction as drugs-hence, FDA!

I'm bad for that too, I would struggle if it were just my health. Even now I know I should lose weight yet I struggle with eating.

I cringe every time someone talks about how hard it is getting enough calories on a vegan diet. I don't have any problems!
My problem at the moment is getting too many calories.
Purp likes this.

#1032 Old 07-05-2017, 02:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Three of us went to Pizza Express and the food was not brilliant. Initially we were overcharged by £64 ($82)! Then we were undercharged by £14 ($18). Finally we were given the correct bill of £62 ($80). Not impressed...
Purp likes this.
#1033 Old 07-09-2017, 12:33 AM
Veggie Regular

The wrong Athletics baseball team tonight. (My nephew plays on an Australian Little League team called the Eastern Athletics, which lost their final games, coming in 6th place in the entire country of Australia), and the Oakland Athletics team beat my Mariner's tonight on my birthday game.

#1034 Old 08-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

These people piss me off.

#1035 Old 10-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Going to the Blessing of the Animals, then going out to brunch afterwards, and watching people eat meat, eggs and dairy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page