The Stupid Little Gripes/Pet Peeves/Things That Piss You Off/General Rant Superthread v.2.0 - Page 2 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 871Likes

#31 Old 04-17-2013, 06:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I had plans wih a girl from work to go on the spca walk next weekend (its to raise money for the spca) and i told her about it in january when they posted the date and she daid shell definately go with me. Ive been remindin her every week when it is, which is april 27, becasue shes pretty forgetful and that way she wouldnt make plans. Well she made plans. Im so angry. I dont know why people dont like me. Shes the third person that changed there mind about goin with me. mad.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Banned

Deleted

#33 Old 06-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Cato I am very sorry about your good family friends sad.gif my mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer and I saw my dad cry for the first time ever ...
I hate when I hear about good people who die or become terminally ill.... all I can do is give all my love,support and comfort .

#34 Old 06-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Banned

That's very sad :( I am very sorry to hear that. I hope your mom gets better soon.

#35 Old 06-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you Cato .... your thoughtfulness means a lot to me ....
#36 Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Veggie Regular

This is nothing vegetarian related.
I just got married out in vegas so it was just my mom and step dad, an aunt and uncle and 2 friends. amd i didnt really expect people or want people to give me money or anything but a card wouldve been nice from all the people that didnt come. Well i recieved a card from and ant and uncle that i havnt seen in 2 years and never talk to, which was nice i didnt expect that, but the people i talk to regularly didnt even have the courtesy to send me a card. I got a few facebook messages but messages cant be kept. Im very very disapointed in my family. I dont want money bu i wanted more than a facebook message. Wtf. Im so upset and mad.
Ron Albury likes this.
#37 Old 07-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

You are not alone .... Many people feel the same way .... instead of birthday cards to wish someone a happy birthday , people send eachother texts which are very impersonal .... I like yourself would prefer a card smiley.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

I just got married out in vegas so it was just my mom and step dad, an aunt and uncle and 2 friends. amd i didnt really expect people or want people to give me money or anything but a card wouldve been nice from all the people that didnt come. Well i recieved a card from and ant and uncle that i havnt seen in 2 years and never talk to, which was nice i didnt expect that, but the people i talk to regularly didnt even have the courtesy to send me a card. I got a few facebook messages but messages cant be kept. Im very very disapointed in my family. I dont want money bu i wanted more than a facebook message. Wtf. Im so upset and mad.
#38 Old 07-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular

The thing is i like to scrap book and everybody knows that. So a card would be perfect to put in my scrapbook. I certainly can not scrapbook a facebook message. I know that money is tight right now for many people and as i said im not interested in money. But If you cant spare 50 cents on a card and 49 cents for a stamp than thats really sad.
#39 Old 07-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Did you send out announcements and invitations to these people?

#40 Old 07-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

No i didnt send out announcements because everyone knew i was gettin married. They obviously knew because they congratulated me on facebook.
#41 Old 07-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I cant stand when people get rid of there dog for a baby. Would you get rid of your baby to get a dog?
Its so frustrating. And they always seem to be pitbulls. Always. My nephews baby mama said they need to get rid of there pit mix because shes "so loving" and thats the problem is that the cant give her enough love.
You cant scratch her on the head while your stupid unplanned baby is sleeping? Babies sleep all the time. And shes so sweet and hasnt had any lroblems with the baby. So i dont understand why they have to get rid of her. If she was aggressive towards the baby i could understand a little more. And theres like 7 people that live in the house. 1 baby and 7 adults. They cant all hold the baby at one time. The dog doesnt understand.
So basically this sweet little dog is pretty mch gna end up as a bait dog or being euthanized in a shelter because they had a baby.
#42 Old 08-02-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:

Congratulations and lots of years to look forward to! I felt bad for you when you commented "why no one likes you" and now relieved that there was one who truly likes, loves and cares for you.

#43 Old 08-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm getting annoyed with being sick so much lately. I'm not really bad, but I keep having issues every few weeks where I feel like I'm about to come down with a cold, and it never comes full on. The last couple of days have been worse than usual - bad sore throat, aching all over, and I think possibly a borderline fever. But because I'm out of personal days at work, and I've actually been reprimanded for taking so many unexpected days off, I've been in the office this week despite it, which I think probably makes it worse.

On top of that, I think I'm ready to start looking for a new job, but because of the current one, I don't have time to look. In fact, because my computer at home has been acting up, I can't even post a resume online, until I take the time to figure out what's wrong there.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#44 Old 08-06-2013, 12:26 PM

My gripe is that I'm ready for summer vacation to end. I love my kids but I'm itching to get back into a routine and get some alone time back. I'm an introvert and the constant chaos is wearing on my nerves. I need some silence!!

#45 Old 08-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

No i didnt send out announcements because everyone knew i was gettin married. They obviously knew because they congratulated me on facebook.

If you didn't invite them, you can't expect a card or gift according to etiquette though.

#46 Old 08-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Banned

I know a few travellers through the work I do and I try not to be judgemental however their attitude to animals really makes my blood boil.  I'm not accusing all of them of animal cruelty I'm sure there are some out there who are okay (I just haven't met them yet).  Anyone who wants to call me a bigot, please go right ahead :)

#47 Old 09-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet-Vegan View Post

I know a few travellers through the work I do and I try not to be judgemental however their attitude to animals really makes my blood boil.  I'm not accusing all of them of animal cruelty I'm sure there are some out there who are okay (I just haven't met them yet).  Anyone who wants to call me a bigot, please go right ahead smiley.gif

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Men-arrested-beach-s-dead-horse/story-19578652-detail/story.html?utm_source=taboola#axzz2bUQr9uyx

I won't call you a bigot, that kind of story makes me furious too. furious.gif

My gripe right now is that I'm SICK. I caught the worst cold that's been going around as the seasons change and I feel like I'm made of mucus right now. My head is pretty small, it amazes me that this much snot can even be coming out of it.... spew.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#48 Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Feel better soon Werewolf Girl ! I had the longest summer cold sad.gif heat helps like a warm compress and hot tea smiley.gif
#49 Old 09-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I'm getting annoyed with being sick so much lately. I'm not really bad, but I keep having issues every few weeks where I feel like I'm about to come down with a cold, and it never comes full on. The last couple of days have been worse than usual - bad sore throat, aching all over, and I think possibly a borderline fever. But because I'm out of personal days at work, and I've actually been reprimanded for taking so many unexpected days off, I've been in the office this week despite it, which I think probably makes it worse.

On top of that, I think I'm ready to start looking for a new job, but because of the current one, I don't have time to look. In fact, because my computer at home has been acting up, I can't even post a resume online, until I take the time to figure out what's wrong there.

--Fromper
juggle.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I won't call you a bigot, that kind of story makes me furious too. furious.gif

My gripe right now is that I'm SICK. I caught the worst cold that's been going around as the seasons change and I feel like I'm made of mucus right now. My head is pretty small, it amazes me that this much snot can even be coming out of it.... spew.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Feel better soon Werewolf Girl ! I had the longest summer cold sad.gif heat helps like a warm compress and hot tea smiley.gif

Sorry you guys (gals) aren't feeling well. Have you tried this soup?

Werewolf Girl likes this.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#50 Old 09-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you Purp! I am definitely going to be making this over the weekend and freeze some too! I had no idea you can freeze beans Lol well I guess live and learn smiley.gif
#51 Old 09-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

That soup is a great idea, thanks Purp! grin.gif

I'm starting to feel better today, I slept for a long time and I'm starting to get my sense of smell back, haha.

And since this is the gripe thread my stupid little gripe today is that I'm starting to get hungry but I'm too lazy and sick to make any decent food. I'm probably going to beg the boyfriend to pick me up some avocado rolls later. wink3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#52 Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

That soup looks like too much prep work. I'm a very lazy cook. I've done Amy's canned soups while sick, but nothing homemade.

I finally got around to going to a walk in clinic on Labor Day (last Monday) while I was off work, and the nurse there said she thinks I just have hay fever. I've been taking claratin ever since to help with the allergies, and it seems to mostly be working. I still have some mucus in the back of my throat that isn't going away, and makes me cough regularly, and the sore throat occasionally comes back, but I've felt a lot better otherwise.

--Fromper
juggle.gif
#53 Old 09-08-2013, 08:56 AM

I can't stand it when people are right beside each other and they feel the need to scream and talk too loudly.    It's obnoxious.

I hate it when people say HUH before you've even finished the sentence. 

I hate it when products say Non Dairy but contain milk derivatives.

I hate it when women dress trashy.

I'm sure Ill think of more later lol

Purp likes this.
#54 Old 09-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

My allergies usually morph into sinusitis this time of year sending to an urgent care for antibiotics. They do always work, and every time I've tried going without I've gotten really, really bad to the point of taking off work (and them going to urgent care anyway).

This time I'm again trying natural remedies.

I searched this site:

http://www.earthclinic.com/

which I like because all kinds of people offer reviews and comments. I go by the rule of trying if there's no possible danger, like with herbal concentrates.

I used apple cider vinegar in my nasal rinse for one. Distilled water, a teaspoon of sea salt, one tablespoon ACV. It stings a bit, but I did it first, but not too bad. Later I used a cotton swab dipped in cayenne pepper and swabbed the top of my nostrils. That did a lot to clear my congestion! Yes my eyes stung a bit, and then I sneezed and sneezed- and it was good. I've also used a tablespoon of ACV in Yogi Breathe Deep tea through the day to thin the mucos.

Today I woke up not as bad. I did the sinus rinse again, and probably will later afternoon. Also continue with the tea, and pepper if needed.

Oh yeah--steam your head!

I do think sinus irrigation is a good morning habit.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#55 Old 09-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

My allergies usually morph into sinusitis this time of year sending to an urgent care for antibiotics. They do always work, and every time I've tried going without I've gotten really, really bad to the point of taking off work (and them going to urgent care anyway).

This time I'm again trying natural remedies.

I searched this site:

http://www.earthclinic.com/

which I like because all kinds of people offer reviews and comments. I go by the rule of trying if there's no possible danger, like with herbal concentrates.

I used apple cider vinegar in my nasal rinse for one. Distilled water, a teaspoon of sea salt, one tablespoon ACV. It stings a bit, but I did it first, but not too bad. Later I used a cotton swab dipped in cayenne pepper and swabbed the top of my nostrils. That did a lot to clear my congestion! Yes my eyes stung a bit, and then I sneezed and sneezed- and it was good. I've also used a tablespoon of ACV in Yogi Breathe Deep tea through the day to thin the mucos.

Today I woke up not as bad. I did the sinus rinse again, and probably will later afternoon. Also continue with the tea, and pepper if needed.

Oh yeah--steam your head!

I do think sinus irrigation is a good morning habit.

I used to have chronic bronchitis and sinus infections because of my allergies. The only thing that has ever helped me has been Zyrtec. The problem now is my body can't function without it, I break out into hives when I stop taking it for more than 2 days. I've tried natural remedies, nothing works like Zyrtec. Neti rinses are great, they help keep the inflammation down.

#56 Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate when people stand in the middle of the sidewalk when you're busily trying to go somewhere. They just need to get the heck out the way, the ignorant fools! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Aristede :ymca: 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#57 Old 10-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate it when the world doesn't behave the way I think it should! tongue3.gif
#58 Old 10-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristede View Post

I hate when people stand in the middle of the sidewalk when you're busily trying to go somewhere. They just need to get the heck out the way, the ignorant fools! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Aristede :ymca: 

That's how I feel when I go to Disneyland. People typically just stop in the middle of the walkway without a care about anyone else around them.

#59 Old 10-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Grrrr people that drive while on their phones talking /texting ! As a pedestrian / bicyclist it is quite scary when a driver is not paying any attention to the road sad.gif
#60 Old 10-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

Grrrr people that drive while on their phones talking /texting ! As a pedestrian / bicyclist it is quite scary when a driver is not paying any attention to the road sad.gif

I hate being a passenger in the car when this happens. I finally confiscated my friend's phone because of it. I told her to pull into a parking lot if she wanted her :furious:  phone back.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page