SFP C: Sluts In Black : ) (AKA The VB chat thread) - Page 38 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1111 Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Ankle Biter

<<<--- is having a good day. smiley.gif

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1112 Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Hahaha! Awww... tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1113 Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Just tried the Chocolate Mint coconut milk... it's pretty good!

#1114 Old 11-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Just tried the Chocolate Mint coconut milk... it's pretty good!

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1115 Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

laugh.gif

#1116 Old 11-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Beginner

This was a good election on numerous levels. smiley.gif I even got to contribute to the defeat of Richard "legitimate rapes don't cause pregnancies" Murdoch. 

We are all copies of the same machine. 

#1117 Old 11-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

This was a good election on numerous levels. smiley.gif  I even got to contribute to the defeat of Richard "legitimate rapes don't cause pregnancies" Murdoch. 

Wow, excellent!!

I did my best to unseat Eric Cantor, but alas, I failed. sad.gif

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#1118 Old 11-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Wow, excellent!!
I did my best to unseat Eric Cantor, but alas, I failed. sad.gif

I must be better at voting than you are. tongue3.gif

#1119 Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Ankle Biter

You must be! laugh.gif

#1120 Old 11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

My dad was once again ragging on me for not doing enough with my life and was being pretty insulting to me, my boyfriend and my mother so I just sent him an email with a screenshot of my name in the credits for one show I just went to the premiere party for and told him all about another I just finished working on. Was that petty? I don't really care if it was. tongue3.gif

#1121 Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Beginner

Quote:

This was a good election on numerous levels. smiley.gif I even got to contribute to the defeat of Richard "legitimate rapes don't cause pregnancies" Murdoch. 

It was Todd Akin who said that wasn't it?

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#1122 Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

My dad was once again ragging on me for not doing enough with my life and was being pretty insulting to me, my boyfriend and my mother so I just sent him an email with a screenshot of my name in the credits for one show I just went to the premiere party for and told him all about another I just finished working on. Was that petty? I don't really care if it was. tongue3.gif

Even if it's petty, it's deserved, but I don't think it is petty.

Besides, you shouldn't need credits to feel like you are 'doing enough' with your life! Being great is accomplishment enough. smiley.gif
#1123 Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:

No not petty - and very cool! Congratulations!!!

#1124 Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Awww, thanks guys. I was pretty upset when I wrote that but I'm feeling better now. My dad is seriously kind of crazy so I just need to learn to ignore him and his weird emails.

On a cheerier note look at this adorable idea!

Quote:
1 lb large strawberries
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3-4 Tablespoons powdered sugar (or sugar substitute - to taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top, (enough for a hat). Clean out the whole strawberry with a paring knife, if necessary (some of them are hollow already. Prep all of the strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill the strawberries with cheesecake mixture.
3. Once strawberries are filled, top with the 'hats.' Decorate according to photo.
4. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.

And of course you can just sub non-dairy cream cheese to make it vegan. I'm also wondering if it would work with cashew cream or coconut whipped cream lick.gif

#1125 Old 11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

It was Todd Akin who said that wasn't it?

Oh maybe you're right. I think Mourdock was the "rape babies are a gift from God"* guy. Not that that was my main basis for voting, but it's what seemed to make him more nationally known. 

*not a direct quote

#1126 Old 11-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Beginner

Quote:

You should take a screen shot of yourself banning a spammer from veggieboards and send him that. 

#1127 Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

You should take a screen shot of yourself banning a spammer from veggieboards and send him that. 

Hahaha, that'll show him! grin.gif

My cat just came and snuggled up beside me on the couch. It's always exciting when that happens because he's generally super hyperactive and not a lap cat at all, when he shows affection it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

#1128 Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Also I hope no one minds but I decided to clarify the title a bit. We have so many newbies here now and I think they're all just like "WTF is a slut thread?" laugh.gif

#1129 Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Awww, thanks guys. I was pretty upset when I wrote that but I'm feeling better now. My dad is seriously kind of crazy so I just need to learn to ignore him and his weird emails.

And of course you can just sub non-dairy cream cheese to make it vegan. I'm also wondering if it would work with cashew cream or coconut whipped cream lick.gif

I want that!
#1130 Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:

Oh my FSM those are ADORABLE! Why can't strawberries be in season?!!?

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#1131 Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Ankle Biter

Quote:

Also I hope no one minds but I decided to clarify the title a bit. We have so many newbies here now and I think they're all just like "WTF is a slut thread?" laugh.gif

Wow - that's an interesting titlel!!! laugh.gif

Yeah, we need new sluts!!!

#1132 Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Good idea. I ignored these threads for quite awhile, thinking it was some sort of female sexuality discussion. 

#1133 Old 11-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Beginner

I thought it was some sort of private thread at first lol.

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” 

#1134 Old 11-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Ankle Biter

What would you think of starting a new slut thread? This one started before the SPLIT and it might be nice to go ahead and start a new one, with an invitation inviting everyone on VB to join in. What do you think?

#1135 Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Boo!

Quote:

What would you think of starting a new slut thread? This one started before the SPLIT and it might be nice to go ahead and start a new one, with an invitation inviting everyone on VB to join in. What do you think?

I think it's a good idea. I've always found the word, slut, to be off-putting. I think we should call it, the Yak Yak Yakety Yak thread.smiley.gif

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#1136 Old 11-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Beginner

Make new slut friends, but keep the old. One is silver, And the other gold. A circle is round, it has no end. That's how long, I will be your friend. grin.gif

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid...~Albert Einstein~
"Nothing tastes as good as kindness feels" - ~ElaineV~
#1137 Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I agree, it would be nice to start off fresh and have a clear name and explain that everyone can join in. I too was not sure what it was when I first joined VB and it took me a lot longer to participate than it would have otherwise. Also posts here count now so the 'slut for power' thing isn't as relevant anymore. grin.gif

#1138 Old 11-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Sooooo, who wants to start the new thread?!? grin.gif

#1139 Old 11-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Boo!

Quote:

Sooooo, who wants to start the new thread?!? grin.gif

It's done! I'd post a link to the new thread, but I don't know how. May I suggest (unless I am overridden) this thread be closed to avoid confusion?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#1140 Old 11-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

It's done! I'd post a link to the new thread, but I don't know how. May I suggest (unless I am overridden) this thread be closed to avoid confusion?

Awesome, thank you! Closing this thread now. On to the new chat thread! grin.gif

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page