going vegan the same as juicing? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-25-2017, 02:02 PM

going vegan the same as juicing?

hey! going vegan tmrw. i once did 6 days of fresh fruit and vegetables JUICE and water only, and by day 5, i felt super uber great. i hadnt felt so good and free of brain fog etc since i was 5 years old.

can i expect to feel that good physically, mentally, and spiritually as i did when juicing? or no?

Last edited by frypot; 07-25-2017 at 05:40 PM. Reason: left out th word juice, dammit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2017, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Vegan means you abstain from products that exploit animals- both food and personal uses-as much as possible

You can eat as junky as any omnivore, or follow a whole plant food diet, or anywhere in between.

If you're transitioning from the typical SAD I would certainly expect you feel great results as long you keep your focus on good nutrition.

Check out Forks over Knives and the latest documenty "What the Health " on Netflix or online

Good luck and welcome

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 07-25-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Vegan means you abstain from products that exploit animals- both food and personal uses-as much as possible

You can eat as junky as any omnivore, or follow a whole plant food diet, or anywhere in between.

If you're transitioning from the typical SAD I would certainly expect you feel great results as long you keep your focus on good nutrition.

Check out Forks over Knives and the latest documenty "What the Health " on Netflix or online

Good luck and welcome
thank you! and yes i did see what the health which is what spurned this here journey, and fat sick and nearly dead for the juicing....i am hoping i feel as good in 5 days as i did in 5 days of juicing....it was soo tough tho

#4 Old 07-25-2017, 07:02 PM
Bandit

Anytime I tried juice fasts I did not feel great. I have never fasted for more than three days, so ymmv. I do remember though once I finally went vegan (versus vegetarian/mostly plant-based diet) I noticed I did feel pretty good. You do have to factor in other things, like are you sleeping enough? Are you under a lot of stress? You know, normal things other people have to worry about too. I think a balanced vegan diet will make you feel better simply for the fact that you'll probably have regular bowel movements and easily lose a few excess pounds if you struggle with your weight (though don't expect miraculous weight loss if you are more like an average weight), as well as eliminating cholesterol heavy foods and getting more fruits and vegetables.

It really depends on how you eat.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#5 Old 07-25-2017, 08:23 PM

Personally, I felt exactly the same after going vegan as I did before going vegan. What changed was my cholesterol level, over time.

The way one feels is a very subjective thing. You may feel great after juicing or after going vegan, but that may be nothing more than the placebo effect. This is why there are ex-vegans out there who claim they felt awful when they were vegan and felt much better when they returned to eating animals. What is not subjective, and therefore more meaningful, is the change in one's blood test results.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page