• 1 Post By Knowtions In Motion
  • 2 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 3 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 3 Post By Knowtions In Motion
  • 3 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By Daniel Henry

#1 Old 06-22-2017, 03:39 AM

Question Is anyone transitioning to a WFPB diet for Health Benefits?

I'm currently transitioning to a more whole foods, plant based diet for the potential health benefits of eating this way. I'm following Dr. Fuhrman's Eat To Live protocol and basing my days around his GBombs list.

Yesterday after I did an introduction post and received a pm, I realized that this is an ethical vegetarian/vegan forum, but was really hoping to connect with others who are following a WFPB diet because of the solid research showing this woe may be the best for long term better health/longevity of life. I'm feeling a bit alone right now, trying to make all the changes to my diet, and would love to connect with others who are doing this for health reasons, follow Dr. Fuhrman etc.

Anyone?
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-22-2017, 03:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJaynee View Post
I realized that this is an ethical vegetarian/vegan forum,
Hi, this site is for both vegetarians and vegans.

Vegetarianism is a diet rather than an ethical belief system; a diet that excludes animal products in varying degrees.

Vegetarians exclude all forms of 'flesh' (including from mammals, birds and fish) but often eat eggs and milk. Other vegetarians exclude animal flesh as well as animal products like milk or eggs.

Traditionally a diet that excludes all forms of animal foods, is called 'strict vegetarian', however in mainstream media this older term has more recently been replaced with 'vegan', resulting in some confusion for people adopting a plant-based diet.

People can be vegetarian for any reason at all, including health.

Welcome to the forums

Last edited by Spudulika; 06-22-2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: clarification
#3 Old 06-22-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
Hi, this site is for both vegetarians and vegans.

Vegetarianism is a diet rather than an ethical belief system; a diet that excludes animal products in varying degrees.

Vegetarians often eat eggs and milk, but other vegetarians also completely exclude animal flesh or animal products like milk or eggs.

Traditionally a diet that excludes all forms of animal foods, is called 'strict vegetarian', however in mainstream media this older term has more recently been replaced with 'vegan', resulting in some confusion for people adopting a plant-based diet.

People can be vegetarian for any reason at all, including health.

Welcome to the forums
Thanks for the clarification and the welcome! I mentioned in my intro post that I've eliminated all animal/dairy products from my diet except for 1 serving of fish a week at this time, and received a pm from a senior member informing that this was an ethical forum. Don't mean to step on any toes, just hoping to find others who also eat a predominately whole foods, plant based diet

I'm also coming about this whole thing in an unconventional way-several years ago I was labeled a pre-diabetic and was on my way to joining my many family members who were type 2 diabetics. Decided to try and beat the odds and lost around 50lbs, becoming the first person in my family who's lost the extra weight and maintained the loss for any amount of time, as well as the only one who's reversed the progression of pre-diabetes. I lost the weight and improved all my health markers/blood work panels while still eating a typical SAD diet, just with the correct calorie intake for my weight management goals. Still was eating fast food 3-4 times a week, guzzling diet soda, eating all sorts of processed/convenience foods, animal products every day, very minimal veggies and no fruit at all etc. This made my doctor's eye twitch lol. But, my test results have come back consistently solid for the past few years now and the data is pretty black and white.

Maintenance has been going good for the past 4-ish years, but earlier this year I became interested in how food may play a role in long term health/longevity of life. The big meta study that came out earlier this year from the Imperial College London, about quantity of veg/fruit, and how that relates to a significant reduction of various diseases really intrigued me, and that tied into my research on Blue Zones, especially the one group in the U.S.- which is a SDA vegetarian community in CA.

All of that led me to getting into Dr. Fuhrman's books/site and over the past couple months I've been switching to his eating protocol. Every day I make it a goal to get in 'Gbombs' (leafy greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries and seeds). And then I fill in the rest of my menu with other veggies, fruit, whole grains, nuts, fermented foods etc. I'm not super strict about it and yesterday I ate a serving of Oreos, no regrets lol. But, overall my way of eating is centered around a more whole foods, plant based diet.

So, not only am I statistical freak of nature for successfully maintaining weight loss long term, but I'm also that weirdo who's drinking canning jars full of green smoothies every day for breakfast and opting for sides of broccoli instead of french fries at restaurants, (my husband things I'm totally nuts ).

edit: for clarification

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save

Last edited by SJaynee; 06-22-2017 at 05:30 AM.

#4 Old 06-22-2017, 06:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJaynee View Post
Thanks for the clarification and the welcome! I mentioned in my intro post that I've eliminated all animal/dairy products from my diet except for 1 serving of fish a week at this time, and received a pm from a senior member informing that this was an ethical forum. Don't mean to step on any toes, just hoping to find others who also eat a predominately whole foods, plant based diet
Ah! According to the forum rules you have to be either vegetarian (ie: consume no animal flesh from mammals, birds or fish) or in the process of transitioning to vegetarianism. This rule is to provide the members with a non-hostile space where they're not being trolled by meat eaters wanting to argue with them (like everywhere else on the internet / at work / with family etc. etc.).

I think you will find a number of WFPB folks about. I'm not super-strict on the wholefoods thing and we do have faux meat in our house maybe once a week or so, but I've been a plant-based wholefoods home cook for decades now (wasn't called that when I started exploring) and it really is something that I enjoy and am exceedingly glad to see the explosion of interest in, and advocates for.

Last edited by Spudulika; 06-22-2017 at 06:44 AM.
#5 Old 06-22-2017, 07:42 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

I don't follow any one particular method, but work hard to consume mostly whole food plant based options based on observing many methods and trying a few myself. I decided to put all of my energies into that after being harmed even worse by so called professionals who heavily practice their gigs based on peer-reviewed information. I remain very jaded and cautious regardless of how many letters they have behind their name or how many peer reviewed studies they can produce. Not all things are suitable for all people, even the things the alphabet agencies highly suggest, even sometimes, as I painfully learned, especially the things they suggest.

I read and watched many different wfpb consumption suggestions, and those who were practicing them, through the years that convinced me it was the right path for me to take. Including, but not limited to, the Mucusless Diet Healing System (also received a pretty stern pm when I first joined for sharing that resource and explaining how helpful it was to me, but I still strongly feel it saved my life - I weighed over 300 lbs and was damn near bed ridden prior to discovering and using it), the 80/10/10 book, Rational Fasting, Nutritional Influences on Illness, Forks Over Knives, Eat This and Live, and Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life. Pulling from each source what felt right to my gut, literally and figuratively.

I started the process for the health of it, with close one on one guidance from a local friend who healed many of her own issues via practicing it, out of desperation from trying every damn thing else, immediately after a visit to the ER a little over two years ago.

Prior to that attempt, I had switched to only local meat, dairy, eggs, and what I thought was "cleaner" seafood options, yet was still suffering tremendously. Then I started watching documentaries about the path all things take to get to my plate and learned all that marketing of "happy cows/pigs/fish", and grass fed benefits BS was just that, BS. Fish swim in their own waste, along with what the humans pollute it with, and that just sounded so gross to me. I'd never had a reason to think of this stuff before. I was infuriated. Until animals start volunteering their body parts and secretions for us to consume, I'll happily refrain from exploiting all other living things. My heart can never again be okay with it.

It's the hardest thing I've ever done. EVER! Even in a community of others who practice vegan eating, I'm still looked at and often spoken to as an oddball for doing mostly whole food plant based and often read comments about how folks who eat that way must simply be way too obsessive/compulsive and are just too anal, militant, (insert favorite degrading adjective here). It often feels similar to the reception I typically get from some meat eaters, but oh well. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.

I decided to become a bit more lax in my discipline, especially over the winter time, to try more of the packaged vegan options I kept hearing rave reviews about, only to gain 30+ pounds back of the 110 I lost. That's enough proof for me that the wfpb option remains the healthiest and most highly functional option for my particular biology. I look forward to a day when it's as warmly embraced as many other things. But until then, I'll keep foraging for and growing as much of my own plants as possible while avoiding as much of the stuff made in plants that I can. Glad you're a part of the community. Welcome.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#6 Old 06-22-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
Ah! According to the forum rules you have to be either vegetarian (ie: consume no animal flesh from mammals, birds or fish) or in the process of transitioning to vegetarianism. This rule is to provide the members with a non-hostile space where they're not being trolled by meat eaters wanting to argue with them (like everywhere else on the internet / at work / with family etc. etc.).

I think you will find a number of WFPB folks about. I'm not super-strict on the wholefoods thing and we do have faux meat in our house maybe once a week or so, but I've been a plant-based wholefoods home cook for decades now (wasn't called that when I started exploring) and it really is something that I enjoy and am exceedingly glad to see the explosion of interest in, and advocates for.
That makes sense-I'm definitely not here to talk about meat consumption The only reason I've kept a bit of fish in my diet is because it's a staple for most of the Blue Zones, and the sub-set group of pescetarians in the SDA Blue Zone group actually have better longevity of life outcomes than the vegetarians. But, both groups have a high number of people who hit 100 years old, so it's probably majoring in the minors lol. But enough of that, can't wait to find others who eat a more whole foods, plant based diet here!
Save
Save
Save
#7 Old 06-22-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowtions In Motion View Post
I don't follow any one particular method, but work hard to consume mostly whole food plant based options based on observing many methods and trying a few myself. I decided to put all of my energies into that after being harmed even worse by so called professionals who heavily practice their gigs based on peer-reviewed information. I remain very jaded and cautious regardless of how many letters they have behind their name or how many peer reviewed studies they can produce. Not all things are suitable for all people, even the things the alphabet agencies highly suggest, even sometimes, as I painfully learned, especially the things they suggest.

I read and watched many different wfpb consumption suggestions, and those who were practicing them, through the years that convinced me it was the right path for me to take. Including, but not limited to, the Mucusless Diet Healing System (also received a pretty stern pm when I first joined for sharing that resource and explaining how helpful it was to me, but I still strongly feel it saved my life - I weighed over 300 lbs and was damn near bed ridden prior to discovering and using it), the 80/10/10 book, Rational Fasting, Nutritional Influences on Illness, Forks Over Knives, Eat This and Live, and Savor: Mindful Eating, Mindful Life. Pulling from each source what felt right to my gut, literally and figuratively.

I started the process for the health of it, with close one on one guidance from a local friend who healed many of her own issues via practicing it, out of desperation from trying every damn thing else, immediately after a visit to the ER a little over two years ago.

Prior to that attempt, I had switched to only local meat, dairy, eggs, and what I thought was "cleaner" seafood options, yet was still suffering tremendously. Then I started watching documentaries about the path all things take to get to my plate and learned all that marketing of "happy cows/pigs/fish", and grass fed benefits BS was just that, BS. Fish swim in their own waste, along with what the humans pollute it with, and that just sounded so gross to me. I'd never had a reason to think of this stuff before. I was infuriated. Until animals start volunteering their body parts and secretions for us to consume, I'll happily refrain from exploiting all other living things. My heart can never again be okay with it.

It's the hardest thing I've ever done. EVER! Even in a community of others who practice vegan eating, I'm still looked at and often spoken to as an oddball for doing mostly whole food plant based and often read comments about how folks who eat that way must simply be way too obsessive/compulsive and are just too anal, militant, (insert favorite degrading adjective here). It often feels similar to the reception I typically get from some meat eaters, but oh well. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.

I decided to become a bit more lax in my discipline, especially over the winter time, to try more of the packaged vegan options I kept hearing rave reviews about, only to gain 30+ pounds back of the 110 I lost. That's enough proof for me that the wfpb option remains the healthiest and most highly functional option for my particular biology. I look forward to a day when it's as warmly embraced as many other things. But until then, I'll keep foraging for and growing as much of my own plants as possible while avoiding as much of the stuff made in plants that I can. Glad you're a part of the community. Welcome.
We can be oddballs together My husband is a meatarian-the guy literally does not eat any veggies or fruit. Since I now base my daily menu around 800+ grams of vegetables and fruit, my produce has taken over our entire fridge/freezer, and my other food stuff (bean pastas, nuts and seeds, oats etc) have taken over our pantry lol. He's used to my 'quirkiness' and puts up with it as long as I don't push it on him, so we're co-existing in harmony yet

eta: congratulations on your weight loss! It's nice to connect with someone else who's in a similar life situation, (you lost a lot more than I did though!). There's such a small group of us maintainers and many people just don't get the challenges that we face with keeping the weight off. For me the weight loss part was definitely the easy part-maintenance is where the real work begins!
Save
Save
Save
Save

Last edited by SJaynee; 06-22-2017 at 09:25 AM.
#8 Old 06-22-2017, 09:29 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

My husband still consumes things I don't, as well. It just isn't prepared in our kitchen. When we go out, he orders what he wants, and if he wants to cook something here that is meat, egg, or dairy related, he'll use the grill or camp stove so it doesn't smell the house up. (his idea...and a great one!) He already loved his fruits and veggies, so it was a lot easier than I anticipated to have him partake with me more than I ever thought he would. It can pluck the nerves on occasion, still, especially from the ethical standpoint, but I'm sure I pluck a few of his, too. lol Balance.
SJaynee likes this.

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and a fool." ~Plato
#9 Old 06-23-2017, 08:59 AM

Love this thread! I made the transition coming up on 5 years ago. Same reason: health. Battled weight, drugs & alcohol until finding the WFPB WOE. Not an ethical choice at first, simply looking to save my own life. Of course, the more I learned, the more ethical reasons entered the equation, reinforcing the lifestyle for me.

And it's funny to think that the WFPB label would earn the 'weirdo' label. Particularly here. I guess I'm a weirdo too;-)

But hey, I'm a newbie here so what do I know.

Nice to meet you weirdos!
#10 Old 06-23-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Henry View Post
Love this thread! I made the transition coming up on 5 years ago. Same reason: health. Battled weight, drugs & alcohol until finding the WFPB WOE. Not an ethical choice at first, simply looking to save my own life. Of course, the more I learned, the more ethical reasons entered the equation, reinforcing the lifestyle for me.

And it's funny to think that the WFPB label would earn the 'weirdo' label. Particularly here. I guess I'm a weirdo too;-)

But hey, I'm a newbie here so what do I know.

Nice to meet you weirdos!
Welcome to the club

~*Sara*~
Experimenting with a whole foods, plant base diet, (with a few Oreos and chili cheese Fritos thrown in here and there
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
#11 Old 06-23-2017, 11:45 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:

I read and watched many different wfpb consumption suggestions, and those who were practicing them, through the years that convinced me it was the right path for me to take. Including, but not limited to, the Mucusless Diet Healing System (also received a pretty stern pm when I first joined for sharing that resource and explaining how helpful it was to me, but I still strongly feel it saved my life - I weighed over 300 lbs and was damn near bed ridden prior to discovering and using it), .

The Mucusless Diet System is a vegan diet, and it certainly includes plenty of healthy foods.

There is, however, a very good reason to make objections against the Mucusless Diet System: This system falsely claims that people should minimize their consumption of beans. All mainstream vegan organizations recommend that people eat beans regularly. Beans are rich in protein, high in fiber, and have plenty of iron and folate.

There is another reason to make objections against the Mucusless Diet System: This system claims that rice causes leprosy: https://www.mucusfreelife.com/list-m...et-prof-spira/ .

For the sake of protecting new vegans from bad information, all mentions of the Mucusless Diet System will therefore be reported to the moderators.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991

Last edited by David3; 06-23-2017 at 12:14 PM.
#12 Old 06-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
The Mucusless Diet System is a vegan diet, and it certainly includes plenty of healthy foods.

There is, however, a very good reason to make objections against the Mucusless Diet System: This system falsely claims that people should minimize their consumption of beans. All mainstream vegan organizations recommend that people eat beans regularly. Beans are rich in protein, high in fiber, and have plenty of iron and folate.

There is another reason to make objections against the Mucusless Diet System: This system claims that rice causes leprosy: https://www.mucusfreelife.com/list-m...et-prof-spira/ .

For the sake of protecting new vegans from bad information, all mentions of the Mucusless Diet System will therefore be reported to the moderators.
I respect you wanting to be sure only good information gets out there, but I'm also glad there weren't vegan vigilantes hard at work protecting me from the vast amount of perceived "bad information" I've been lucky enough to find in my journeys. It took a mix of the good, the bad, and the ugly to find what truly worked, and often even more importantly, better understand exactly why many things did not work.

As I clearly stated, I do not follow just one type of suggested diet, be it MDHS or any other, except for the vegan aspect of no longer knowingly harming and exploiting the animals. I pulled from many different angles, directly experienced them all, some more painfully than others, and choose to do what works best for me, from the collective various parts of each that most agree with my biology.

I've never been good at being much of a follower. I did not eliminate beans and legumes, I just don't make them a major focal point of my every day meals. I did eliminate almost all rice, minus a soaked version of wild rice on occasion. I prefer quinoa, anyway, as does my digestive system.

I did not suggest anyone else strictly follow anything I've ever done, EVER. I simply answered what paths I personally took to get where I am in my current whole foods plant-based consumption lifestyle, which is a state of wellness and functioning that I've not experienced in years. I stay very mindful of mucus forming foods, among other things, and have found it greatly beneficial. According to the multiple avenues of mainstream help I sought, I was advised I'd likely never reach this level of functioning again and should just get used to the misery that comes with age and declining heath.

I will not alter the facts of my actual experiences when asked because you deem it to be such bad advice. It's how I got where I am. Period. I don't agree with all of what I experienced, either, just as I don't agree with ALL of many other very helpful things that many other folks may do that aren't widely accepted mainstream methods, but that doesn't mean I want to censor them.

If sharing my experience as it actually happened means I need to be banned or penalized, then so be it. Do whatever you feel you need to do. You've been on me like white on rice ever since I arrived and mentioned what has helped me the most.

No, mainstream doesn't support most of what has helped heal me, be it in the diet arena as well as many others, but that doesn't lessen the value of my experiences one bit. It's a shame the same amount of energy can't go into discussing the good points of it just as passionately as the flaws get pointed out.
Emma JC likes this.

#13 Old 06-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:

If sharing my experience as it actually happened means I need to be banned or penalized, then so be it. Do whatever you feel you need to do. You've been on me like white on rice ever since I arrived and mentioned what has helped me the most.

Sharing your experience is excellent. You've transformed your health, something that millions of people do not succeed in doing.

No one is penalizing you for sharing your experience of the foods you've eaten. However, when you promote the Mucusless Diet by name, you are also promoting a lot of unsubstantiated garbage. The Mucusless Diet system discourages people from eating beans, rice, avocados, tofu, nuts, and other healthy foods. The Mucusless Diet System claims that rice causes leprosy, for Pete's sake! Let's stay in touch with reality here!

Please, when you are discussing your recovery, why don't you discuss the healthy foods that you eat, without the burden of quackery that comes along with promoting the Mucusless Diet System?

You became healthy by eating fruits, vegetables, hemp hearts, and other healthy foods promoted by the Mucusless Diet (and also promoted by conventional vegan diets). You did not become healthy by avoiding beans and rice, as the Mucusless Diet recommends.

It can be difficult enough for new vegans to stick with their new diet. The Mucusless Diet imposes a whole crop of unsubstantiated restrictions on some very healthy plant foods. This doesn't help to improve anyone's health!

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

Last edited by David3; 06-23-2017 at 07:57 PM.
#14 Old 06-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sharing your experience is excellent. You've transformed your health, something that millions of people do not succeed in doing.

No one is penalizing you for sharing your experience of the foods you've eaten. However, when you promote the Mucusless Diet by name, you are also promoting a lot of unsubstantiated garbage. The Mucusless Diet system discourages people from eating beans, rice, avocados, tofu, nuts, and other healthy foods. The Mucusless Diet System claims that rice causes leprosy, for Pete's sake! Let's stay in touch with reality here!

Please, when you are discussing your recovery, why don't you discuss the healthy foods that you eat, without the burden of quackery that comes along with promoting the Mucusless Diet System?

You became healthy by eating fruits, vegetables, hemp hearts, and other healthy foods promoted by the Mucusless Diet (and also promoted by conventional vegan diets). You did not become healthy by avoiding beans and rice, as the Mucusless Diet recommends.

It can be difficult enough for new vegans to stick with their new diet. The Mucusless Diet imposes a whole crop of unsubstantiated restrictions on some very healthy plant foods. This doesn't help to improve anyone's health!

Different things work for different people and Knowtions In Motion is just sharing what works for her, she isn't doing anything saying everyone needs to follow the same diet as her or doing anything against the rules.

There are lots of ways to eat plant-based and if she feels better avoiding certain foods that's her choice.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#15 Old 06-23-2017, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

I became a vegan for ethical reasons but I recently read The Starch Solution and re-watched Forks Over Knives and I have been inspired to eat WFPB for the millionth time... But this time I'm sticking to it!

It's been about 6 months of eating a diet of mostly fruits and vegetables and starches like rice and potatoes, with some healthy fats like tahini and avocado. I've also been walking a lot more and doing some light weight lifting. I've lost over 20 pounds and I feel amazing.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#16 Old 06-24-2017, 07:24 AM
Vegan, Mostly WFPB

Quote:

I'm very much in touch with reality, thank you. A working and functioning reality that I haven't experienced for a long damn time.

I became healthier (miraculously, even) by first eliminating meat, dairy, eggs, alcohol, caffeine, and all highly processed foods first, then by learning of and noticing the mucus forming effects of many foods I previously thought were super healthy, and by paying attention to the mucus they form and supposedly leave behind in my body, and becoming much more aware of how all things ingested are eliminated. I even added a "squatty potty" like stool to my toilet space to aid in proper elimination, rather than continuing to sit on the toilet like it's an easy chair.

Then I learned of food combining and not drinking with meals. Then I learned of timing my meals and hydration better and how helpful enemas can be (not with coffee, etc., just plain distilled water).

Then I learned of the lymph system and how incredibly important it is to keep that flowing healthily by purposeful movement each day. I choose a mini-trampoline and a hula hoop along with much time in nature walking and gardening and foraging for wile edibles.

Then I learned of intermittent fasting, juice fasting, rational fasting, mono meals, etc., etc. There's no one avenue that lead me to where I'm at now, but the MDHS was the specific exit I took that landed me in all the right places.

There's no one thing I learned that can easily be referenced ALL in one place. It was a combination of many things, most of which I initially learned in the Mucusless Diet Healing System book to begin with.

Maybe you could work a little harder at not continually focusing on all that's wrong with everydamnthing and spend more time on why it's not ALL wrong, rather than trying to repeatedly tell others how to better present their own reality and what clearly worked for them.

I will continue to share my experiences as they actually happened and as as they were and are currently being lived. That's the only thing I can speak on with any true clarity and factual experience. I will not edit my experiences to better suit your particular preconceived senses.

If I'm ever contacted by an actual moderator for being in violation of any of the rules you assume I am breaking here, then I will do what I need to in order to remedy that issue. Otherwise, your ongoing personal issue against what I share continues to appear to be just that, very personal, and bordering on what feels like harassment. I'm glad the report button exists for folks who feel rules have actually been broken. I'm also glad for others who are able to observe that isn't actually the case here.

You provide a LOT of great information, research, and support here, David, and save a lot of folks a lot of time from having to search out peer reviewed and mainstream information, and that's great and so incredibly helpful in many ways. But that isn't the ONLY thing that exists, nor is it always the most important thing to be discussed. Sweeping the rest of everyone else's reality under your mainstream carpet leaves out a lot of other critical pieces to many folks' individual puzzles that are every bit as important and valuable.
Werewolf Girl, Emma JC and SJaynee like this.

#17 Old 06-24-2017, 09:02 AM
Vegan since 1991

Rice does not cause leprosy. If this forum is going to allow people to promote a diet which makes such a claim, then it's going to cause confusion among new vegans.

Moderators, please review this situation.

_________

#18 Old 06-24-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I became a vegan for ethical reasons but I recently read The Starch Solution and re-watched Forks Over Knives and I have been inspired to eat WFPB for the millionth time... But this time I'm sticking to it!

It's been about 6 months of eating a diet of mostly fruits and vegetables and starches like rice and potatoes, with some healthy fats like tahini and avocado. I've also been walking a lot more and doing some light weight lifting. I've lost over 20 pounds and I feel amazing.
That's fantastic! I'm still in the transition period-I do really well during the week but then the weekends are a lot more lossey goosey I'm pretty sure root beer flavored beer is NOT a whole food, but dang does it taste good lol.

Save

~*Sara*~
Experimenting with a whole foods, plant base diet, (with a few Oreos and chili cheese Fritos thrown in here and there
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
#19 Old 06-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Rice does not cause leprosy. If this forum is going to allow people to promote a diet which makes such a claim, then it's going to cause confusion among new vegans.

I am a moderator and I can't find a single thing Knowtions in Motion has said that violates our rules. Please don't report posts just because you disagree with them.

People are allowed to disagree and have various opinions on a forum, in fact that is the purpose of forums. We aren't a hive mind and Veggieboards is not intended to be a peer reviewed science journal, it's a casual hang out for vegetarians and vegans of all sorts.

Knowtions in Motion is sharing what works for her and not pushing her beliefs on others, please do the same.

#20 Old 06-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Thanks to you, I read up on the diet, and I agree, it's full of crazy!
I don't believe Knowledge has promoted it all though, only said they've taken information from that, and other diets, not even that they've followed them.
I take issue the 80/10/10 diet also, but can accept it makes some valid points.
What works for some doesn't phase others. Personally, I find I can skip eating breakfast easier than any other time of day, and work best, though that's always flagged as the most important meal. I tried food combining, eating like foods together and not with others- didn't do anything for my digestion. I can't even imagine what an enama would do, as I easily go 3-4 times daily!
Emma JC likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#21 Old 06-24-2017, 09:47 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I can't even imagine what an enema would do, as I easily go 3-4 times daily!
Hahaha! #epicdumps are one of the best things about eating WFPB vegan, imho. [tmi?]
Emma JC likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page