• 3 Post By oldmanveggie
  • 1 Post By AngelSerene
  • 1 Post By cassafrass
  • 1 Post By Dulciana

#1 Old 05-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

6 strategies for reducing meat in your diet

Quote:
These hacks can make a major dietary transition less intimidating and ultimately more successful.

Eating habits are a tough thing to change. From the time we’re babies, whatever our parents choose to feed us affects our taste buds and preferences. We learn to love certain flavors and dislike others, and often these aren’t good for us. The evolutionary urge to binge on salt, sugar, and fat – nutrients that were once rare but now exist in abundance – is difficult to overcome, as is the tendency to eat meat when it’s cheap and widely available.

Increasing numbers of people, however, are consciously choosing to rethink their diets for environmental and ethical reasons. Reducing meat or cutting it out completely is becoming more normal. You can see it in the number of vegan and vegetarian restaurants opening in every town, the expansion of healthy school meal programs, Meatless Monday campaigns, and salad bars in cafeterias. Documentary films like Forks Over Knives and Cowspiracy have got people thinking about plant-based eating.

If you’re wanting to do this but feel overwhelmed by such a change, do not fear! There are ways to make it easier, less daunting, and more successful in the long run. I’ve gathered the following list of ‘hacks’ from The Reducetarian Solution, a collection of essays that examines the many benefits of reducing meat in one’s diet. These ones stood out for me and have certainly helped in my personal journey toward significant dietary meat reduction.
Read the tips here: https://www.treehugger.com/green-foo...your-diet.html

Great strategies for beginners!
savinganimals likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-21-2017, 11:41 AM

Those are good tips.

Myself, I actually went vegan overnight.

I still remember the last time I ate meat over 3 weeks ago. It was a McDonald's Quarter Pounder meal combo with 6 piece of chicken nuggets. I felt horrible that night, going to the bathroom several times with upset stomach. At that point I knew this was not healthy, at all.

I was reading here and there about veganism in the past, but never thought I would be able to do it since so much of what I ate during most of my life would be eliminated from my diet.

But I knew I had to make drastic changes for my health, and just quit cold turkey. I went to Trader Joe's after I made up my mind and started stocking up on vegan goodies. I haven't looked back since and had no cravings for meat or dairy at all since the beginning for some reason.
#3 Old 05-27-2017, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the tips! I already feel more confident
Werewolf Girl likes this.

#4 Old 07-25-2017, 08:55 AM

These are great tips for someone looking for how to get started! I really needed that, so thank you for posting this.
#5 Old 08-23-2017, 10:42 PM

Really great tips; had a click round some of the other articles on the website and it's really informative. Thank you so much for sharing
#6 Old 09-10-2017, 05:57 AM

Brilliant read thanks for sharing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page