Stress depressed day 3 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-16-2017, 09:48 PM

Stress depressed day 3

I dont know whats come over me but its day 3 and im getting worse. Ever since i started this journey ive been getting more stressed about being a good veggie. Ive been getting some flack from the fam and i blow up over everything. I get tired easily now and i get mild headaches. Im loosing weight and my body feels better than ever. But my mental health is unstable. Getting moody and irritable. Am i not eating enough? Am i getting the vitamins i need? Plus i havent been to the doctor. Mind you im on day 3. Im mostly vegetarian but i dont drink milk, eat ice cream, butter or eggs. But if something might have some cheese in it i eat it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Laucirica View Post
I dont know whats come over me but its day 3 and im getting worse. Ever since i started this journey ive been getting more stressed about being a good veggie. Ive been getting some flack from the fam and i blow up over everything. I get tired easily now and i get mild headaches. Im loosing weight and my body feels better than ever. But my mental health is unstable. Getting moody and irritable. Am i not eating enough? Am i getting the vitamins i need? Plus i havent been to the doctor. Mind you im on day 3. Im mostly vegetarian but i dont drink milk, eat ice cream, butter or eggs. But if something might have some cheese in it i eat it.

If you are experiencing severe physical or mental symptoms, it's a good idea to talk to your doctor.

Having said that, it's not likely that you've developed a vitamin / mineral deficiency in only 3 days. It's more likely that you simply aren't eating enough calories - not enough gas in the tank!

Not eating enough calories is a common mistake made by people who are beginning a whole foods vegan diet. I've been a vegan for 25 years, and there are still days when I make this mistake. This mistake is very easy to make, because vegan staple foods (legumes, whole grains, fruit, vegetables) are low in calories, compared to most meats. On a low-fat vegan diet, it's possible to eat until you're full, yet still not get enough calories.

Here's how to fix it.

First, use a calorie-requirements calculator to estimate your calorie needs: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...s/itt-20084941

Next, just remember this calorie rule-of-thumb:

One cup of cooked beans/legumes contains about 230 calories

One cup of cooked grains/pasta contains about 190 calories

One cup of fresh (not dried) fruit contains 40-100 calories

One cup of non-starchy vegetables contains 5-40 calories

One cup of nuts or seeds contains 650-1000 calories

For example, I need to eat about 2500 calories per day to maintain my weight. Can you see how much beans, grains etc. I have to eat to do this? I have to stuff myself! Including nuts, nut butters, and/or seeds in your diet is an easy way to make sure you're getting enough calories.

_________
"A human being in perfection ought always to preserve a calm and peaceful mind, and never to allow passion or a transitory desire to disturb his tranquility. If no man allowed any pursuit whatsoever to interfere with the tranquility of his domestic affections, Greece had not been enslaved; Caesar would have spared his country; America would have been discovered more gradually; and the empires of Mexico and Peru had not been destroyed"

From Frankenstein. Publication year: 1818
#3 Old 02-21-2017, 09:23 AM

I started taking Spiralina in a powder form, I take it in a juice every morning and evening I blend up 2 bananas, 1 apple, 1 carrot, celary, ginger, and mango with one tea spoon of Spiralina and I really notice the difference. People even tell me I am looking younger, and I have less grey hair now (in low lighting) lol

Blending is a great way to power up on vitamins and minerals. Stay strong and I hope you feel better

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page