My Plant Based Cooking Show - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By odizzido

#1 Old 01-05-2016, 10:47 AM

Thumbs up My Plant Based Cooking Show

Hello everyone!

I am new to veggieboards, and I recently started a vegan/plant based cooking show on youtube called "Plant Based Living." I am a cook in Columbus, Ohio and love to cook vegan food and wanted to spread the message that a Plant Based diet is not only the best option for our planet but also delicious! (Though not all of the recipes are delicious :P)

Here is my "Hummus - Episode 3 - The Chicago Diner Cookbook"

I am still trying to improve my video and audio on the budget I have but any feedback would be amazing!

I am excited to see you guys around here and other parts of the forum!

Last edited by PlantBasedLiving; 01-05-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Son of Jupiter

Send a message via Skype™ to Linky
I have the same Blender, haha.

Nice channel, I'm all for supporting anyone promoting Veganism or rather, plant based tasty food. Subscribed!

Edit- I've never eaten Quiche before....

Life sucks without laughter so do that more often.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Linky; 01-05-2016 at 11:00 AM.
#3 Old 01-05-2016, 11:49 AM

You rock! Thank you so much

#4 Old 01-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

I really enjoyed watching you! Good presentation!

I would like to add a few things, cause i've made my weight in hummus over the years--
Instead of using extra bowls and prepping, let the food processor do the work. just throw in a handful of parsley, onions.
It will be much smoother if the chickpeas go in while still warm.

I've never tried hummus with parsley before!

And you need a pressure cooker! Takes 30 at most.

Subscribed.

Recommend any vegan places in Columbus? I'm in Cleveland
LedBoots likes this.
#5 Old 01-05-2016, 08:29 PM

Thank you so much!

Portia's is Raw vegan and good! I work at the refectory, which is very fine dining, but if you special request a vegan entree, I or my sautee chef will make it for you and it should only be $15 (less than half our cheapest entree). Our veg plate is meh but if you ask for a vegan entree we will make something special for you!

If you like indian Udipi is very good, but my favorite restaurants in columbUs are North Star Cafe and Katalina's. Amazing food and great prices!
#6 Old 01-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Since you mentioned you're trying to improve the audio quality and you're looking for feedback I am going to mention that it sounds like your audio is clipping. I don't know anything about how you're making these videos so I cannot tell you how to fix it other than trying to lower the volume a little.
Spudulika likes this.
#7 Old 01-06-2016, 03:52 AM
Veggie Regular

The slightly drunken performance with the quiche made me smile
Pity the recipe came out mushy, it looked so promising.
Keep it up!
#8 Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Give peas a chance

Nice video!

My suggestion is more technical in nature. If you are shooting on an ipad or iphone you can turn off the auto-exposure (AE) and auto-focus (AF) by pressing and holding your finger to the screen for a few seconds. A yellow box will appear where you are touching and the camera will set the exposure and focus for that spot. It won't try to keep auto-correcting.

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#9 Old 01-07-2016, 01:28 AM

Great presentation on the video!

I am always looking for new recipes to try to keep things fresh, especially for the kids.

Love how you explain the amount of ingredients and each step clearly. It makes it really easy to follow.

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.
#10 Old 01-08-2016, 08:58 AM

Thank you for the great feedback! You guys are all so friendly and helpful

I have been working on my lighting, audio, and video quality and here is my most recent episode:

Vegan Miso Soup:
#11 Old 01-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantBasedLiving View Post
Thank you for the great feedback! You guys are all so friendly and helpful

I have been working on my lighting, audio, and video quality and here is my most recent episode:

Vegan Miso Soup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLR0kxFRoqc
I love the fact that the Miso Soup is so dead easy, I would actually have time to make that for breakfast. Saving for later

Perhaps as you go on, you could create a playlist for super easy vegan recipes like this? I think a lot of people can be intimidated by the prospect of plant-based cooking as they think it involves such a lot of preparation and new ingredients. It's probably true to say that a lot of vegan food can be like that. But a series for people without confidence or experience in plant-based cooking might be a neat idea. Then there's lots of folk too who want to eat plant based and healthy but are not up for spending an hour in the kitchen after a long day at work.
#12 Old 01-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

I soak a bag of dried mushrooms in about 4 cups water instead of the veg broth. I guess I add about 1/2 cup miso, but I've never seen it in a bottle- mine is the typical thick paste.
I also add rice vinegar and sriracha to taste and thicken a bit with some cornstarch mixed in cold water. Any kind of tofu, but I really like extra firm silken cubes. Bamboo shoots- really like those. Green onions at serving
My rendition of hot sour soup

Tags
cook , cooking , flavor town , food , recipes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page