Cookware Sale at TJ Maxx - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Administrator

I wasn't aware that TJ Maxx had anything other than clothing so when I asked someone where I should go to buy a new pot I was surprised that was the answer.

They have some cookware on sale now, I picked up an 8 quart Calphalon stock pot for $43. The retail on it was $120. It's very similar to this one (if not the same)...

http://www.calphalon.com/calphalon/c...pe=CLPAT000002

Their selection is probably spotty but I thought I'd mention it in case you're in the market for some cookware.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Beginner

The google ad for this thread is a meat tenderizer complete with a picture of a bloody steak.

Anyway, yeah the TJ maxx around here seems to just have a tiny bit of everything at odd moments. Kinda odd but kind of cool.
#3 Old 05-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Administrator

I added it to the block list but it may take a few hours.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#4 Old 05-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Joe
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

I wasn't aware that TJ Maxx had anything other than clothing so when I asked someone where I should go to buy a new pot I was surprised that was the answer.

They have some cookware on sale now, I picked up an 8 quart Calphalon stock pot for $43. The retail on it was $120.

Yes, I've gotten a fair amount of good cookware at TJ Maxx.

The thing about it is, if I see something nice, then leave the store and try to come back for it, it is usually gone. Also, they have a bad habit of putting their price stickers right in the center of the bottom of a pot or pan, where the size and other info are stamped/etched. So it makes it hard to know exactly what you are buying.

The other thing about TJ Maxx is that they have lots of non-clothing stuff for sale that has a price tag but no other tag telling you what it is. And in many cases, I dunno how to describe the thing, and would appreciate a label or tag for guidance.

BTW, another "clothing store" that often has surprisingly good cookware is Marshall's.
#5 Old 05-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Beginner

I just bought a gorgeous Cuisinart saute pan on Amazon for $31. I was able to return the (unopened) identical pan to Marshall Fields that I paid $80 for. Yay!

I have not purchased pans from TJ Maxx or Marshalls, but I do like to check there for other fun kitchen supplies.
#6 Old 05-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Beginner

Marshalls and T.J. Max are owned by the same company so they pretty much carry the same things.
#7 Old 05-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Beginner

I love Marshalls. My mother and I make a whole day out of going through the back at Marshalls. I bought a HUGE "1000 vegetarian recipes" book there for 9 bucks. It's one of my fave recipe books. I also bought my nonstick cooking pan there for like 11 bucks. Pretty cool.
#8 Old 05-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Beginner

I love TJ Maxx and Marshalls. They have some really cool house/kitchen stuff. They're also some of the few places I can find bras in my size that aren't hideous
#9 Old 05-07-2005, 03:43 AM
Beginner

In the UK TK Maxx (same firm I assume?) sells a lot of bankrupt stock that they've bought in from other stores/wholesalers. I've got some nice bargain ethnic import things in there when there's been a sale on.

But as far as giant stockpots go, I got a fab one last week end. For £1. I was at a boot fair looking at a saucepan and the stall holder pointed it out to me under his table. Brand new but dented near the base. He was selling stuff that had been returned as imperfect/damaged in transit. This beauty is stainless steel. When I got home I took a little hammer to the dent which I'd covered with a folded tea towel and knocked it out. There's just the tiniest mark there now.
#10 Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Banned

I really meant that there are a lot of people who don't know about the fabulous finds that can be found at stores like these. I can completely understand someone who just doesn't like shopping in such places. And I don't like malls much either. I live fairly close to a pretty big one and if I shop there 3 times a year it's a lot.

discount cookware

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page