"Extreme Couponing" Features Vegan Couponholic - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
TLCs Extreme Couponing follows the lives of those who set the alarm early for Sunday morning just to start clipping before the coffees even heated.

Most vegetarians know that the coupon world is more of a miss than hit for us, as brands of meatless, eggless and dairyless products usually arent promoted in the Sunday paper.

But one woman named Perry whos raising her family on a vegan diet is showing theres a voucher for everythingeven that soft, vitamin-infused, miso flavored tofu you thought youd never get a discount on.

Anybody know if these are vegan? Perry asks her group of regulars during a Couponers Annonymous meeting.

Perry claims her meetings with her fellow anon coupon collectors are responsible for about 50% of the coupons she uses.

She also mentions that using coupons for products can be extremely helpful as it allows you to save money from things that are harder to get coupons for, like organic fruits and vegetables.

http://vegetarianstar.com/2011/10/20...onholic-video/

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Beginner

cool! thanks for posting!

Atame.
#3 Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Beginner

Does anyone here do couponing? I've never tried it, and I spend most of my flexible income on food... Where do you start?
#4 Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

Does anyone here do couponing? I've never tried it, and I spend most of my flexible income on food... Where do you start?

hey hey,

hope you are having a hippie day

I coupon.....I have been couponing for many, many years and I loooooove it.....my family and friends call me the Coupon Princess...I am too young to be Queen....LOL....everyone knows I wont shop w/o coupons and green bags...I refuse to pay retail for anything if I can possibly help it and always search out sales,bargains and clearence and apply coupons to those for even better savings......I wanna say that I do watch Extreme Couponing....I am NOT in any way like those people on there.....II dont spend 20 plus hours a week prepping for shopping trips.....and I have a nicely stocked stockpile but I dont have hundreds of anything like that....I sometimes buy in a large quantity which for me is ten of something but that is always for a donation.....that being said....to start I would decide what I needed to buy and what store I am shopping at and see if they have weekly sales and a sales flyer and see if anything I needed was on sale....I would go to the stores website to see if they have special deals and or coupons.....I would buy the Sundays Papers for Coupons and look for Internet Coupons on the sites of the items I am buying if the store accepts the net coupons....not all of them do and most stores around me dont due to fraud.......which stinks....I have learned all of the coupon policies for the stores that I shop at most frequently to keep up on changes.....I see that you are in Canada.....(Canada Rocks My CH was born there.....sorry I got off track there for a minute) and I am not sure if you have ALL YOU magazine there...its sold in Walmarts or you can subscribe to it and its a monthly magazine full of awesome coupons...that can be used everywhere not just at Walmarts........I have helped many people get started with couponing, helped family and friends shop with coupons, helped people through the toughest times using coupons.....I have taught coupon classes for family and friends, and loooooove finding awesome bargains and donating to charities for people and animals buying things/getting freebies with coupons.....there is nothing better than a coupon high.....LOL....so lets talk couponing.

there is a topic in the Veggie Patch called Last Thing You Bought where talk about what we have purchased and I always write about the awesome deals I get with sales and coupons.

Good Luck and Have Fun Couponing

Peace, LOve and Hippie Couponing

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#5 Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Beginner

I forgot something.....always look at the tables in front of the produce section 9 times outta 10 they will have coupons for produce, fruit and juices and that includes Organics....total score!!

Peace

#6 Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Beginner

Saw it on TV. She even has "vegan pride" tattooed on her arms.
#7 Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Beginner

I got a link to Naysoya tofu's site that offers monthly coupons for .75 cents off- which double if your store does that. It's pricier than the House Brand organic I get from the Asian store at $1.30 a lb., or even Trader Joes extra firm- I think the regular price of Naysoya was $3.00! But if it's on sale, or you're limited to regular groceries it's a deal!
http://www.nasoya.com/tofu-u/admissions/

I use coupons sparingly. Just looking at those ads and glossy inserts can be an influence to buy what I shouldn't, or don't really need.
I read P&Gs coupons just to remind myself what NOT to buy!

I've never seen tables in front of produce, nor coupons for produce. Most I've seen have been get a free milk with bananas!

I have bought lots of soy and almond milk coupons from E-bay! They've been totally worth it- 20 $1.00 Silk for $5.20 total.
#8 Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Beginner

I've never couponed. The thought of digging through all those adds fills me with dismay.

Looks like an interesting show though.
#9 Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Banned

deleted
#10 Old 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Beginner

I occasionally clip coupons for cherry tomatoes or the "Cuties" mandarins, so they do exist. I guess you have to know where to look. These coupons are in the coupon inserts that come in the Sunday newspaper.

*this space not for sale*
#11 Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I occasionally clip coupons for cherry tomatoes or the "Cuties" mandarins, so they do exist. I guess you have to know where to look. These coupons are in the coupon inserts that come in the Sunday newspaper.

First thing I do before sitting down with the Sunday paper is bundle up all the adds and throw them in the recycle bin.
#12 Old 11-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

First thing I do before sitting down with the Sunday paper is bundle up all the adds and throw them in the recycle bin.

Jenn and I consider such an action an abomination before the God of Savings.

*this space not for sale*
#13 Old 11-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

YOMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO......I buy a Friday Paper which had coupons and threee different papers on Sunday and I get all the Inserts from ALL my Family and Friends.....the Idea of just pitching them in the recycling bin......My Heart....YOMG MY Heart......LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Jenn and I consider such an action an abomination before the God of Savings.

Soooooooooooooooo Very True Beyond Words

At one of my fave stores they always put coupons out on tables in front of the produce a few weeks ago was a dollar off any Organics Item and off Organics Produce......I have used those Coupons from Sundays Paper fior the Sunburst Tomatoes cause they were on sale but those were not the coupons I was talking about.

I cant shop w/o Coupons the idea makes me nervous, itchy and nuts....I actually was going crazy Sunday on a quick trip to the store this woman ahead of me had two carts full of goodies....no coupons and I casually mentioned that I had coupons for most of what she was buying and she just looked at me like I was nuts and checked out....she handed me her reciept and said if I wanted to get the money back go ahead but she didnt wanna deal with it......she doesnt bother with coupons....its not worth it.....so I grabbed that reciept and put my Coupons together and I got $40.00 back and I BOUGHT 4 Pre-Filled with GRoceries Bags $10.00 each to benefit local food banks.....its part of the Every Bag Counts Food Drive.....I was soooo very excited by this cause it will help soooo many people and I had to find Jane and tell her what I accomplished and I did....I found her at Starbucks in the store and she was sooooo hipppily shocked shocked that four familes are gonna be able to eat just from using coupons......Coupons Mean soooo Much to Me Cause You can Do Soooo Much with Them....It More Than Saving Money to me.....Sorry Its just when I get started I cant stop feeling that Coupon Luv.....

Peace, LOve and HIppie COuponing

Peace

#14 Old 05-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Beginner

I'm weird... I love clipping coupons but I rarely use them lol. Sometimes they do come in handy though. I've gotten a jar of peanut butter for less than 30 cents and I typically only pay 25 cents for toothpaste. Always helps to pair the coupons with store deals, but even then you should always compare the price with the store brand since there's a good chance it's still cheaper, if there is a store brand version anyway. It's not often when I see vegan or even vegetarian friendly coupons in the paper, but there's been times when I've been surprised how many were in there that I would actually use. Produce is even rarer, but I have seen coupons for oranges.

What I love about the store I shop at is that they give you a card where you can upload coupons onto it (most are terrible but still) and they'll send you coupons in the mail based on your purchases... so every now and then I get $1 off if I buy $4 worth of produce. That coupon and the $5 off total are my favorites. I also get coupons that print off with the receipt, usually for 75 cents or so off of almond milk.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page