where do you guys get.... [bragg's liquid aminos] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Beginner

I'm looking for bragg's liquid aminos. Someone on another site mentioned iherb.com. The prices seem reasonable. I have a very hard time finding it locally, and when I do its super expensive.

Also, do you guys know of bulk or cheaper sources of vital wheat gluten and nutritional yeast?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Beginner

I buy my Bragg's at Harris Teeter. Do you have one in your area? Any higher-end grocery store that usually carries organics, would have lots of veggie option available.

Food Lion in one part of town sells it here too, but that area is very upper class so its more in demand than most other Food Lion branches.

Kroger, Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, Trader Joes.. they are the typical hot spots for most cheap veg*n items..

If you don't find luck there, check into any natural foods / vitamin shoppe near by and ask around! The owners would probably be able to help you. Good luck!

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
#3 Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Beginner

That's the thing... we have a local co-op that is very vegan/veggie oriented. But, I couldn't find it. Our higher-end stores in our area consists of wegman's, they have a whole natural foods section. I couldn't find it, I think I'll take another look. Other health food stores have it but the price is kinda outrageous....
#4 Old 05-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiprincess View Post

That's the thing... we have a local co-op that is very vegan/veggie oriented. But, I couldn't find it. Our higher-end stores in our area consists of wegman's, they have a whole natural foods section. I couldn't find it, I think I'll take another look. Other health food stores have it but the price is kinda outrageous....

Hmm...I would think that Wegmans would have it. Do you have a Price Chopper there? I've gotten mine from Price Chopper before and have seen it at Hannafords (if you have one of those also). Wegman's has twice as much as these two stores though when it comes to health food products and although I've never checked there myself for it, I'm surprised you didn't see it there.

My local health food stores carry it also but yes it is crazy expensive but wouldn't that price kinda even out you were going to buy it online and pay for shipping?
#5 Old 05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Beginner

You can buy it on Amazon.com too; and its really cheap if bought in bulk there!

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
#6 Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Hmm...I would think that Wegmans would have it. Do you have a Price Chopper there? I've gotten mine from Price Chopper before and have seen it at Hannafords (if you have one of those also). Wegman's has twice as much as these two stores though when it comes to health food products and although I've never checked there myself for it, I'm surprised you didn't see it there.

My local health food stores carry it also but yes it is crazy expensive but wouldn't that price kinda even out you were going to buy it online and pay for shipping?

I'll have to look again.. since I went today and looked for nutritional yeast and it was somewhere odd. Maybe I just missed it. Some of the places shipping is high, but there's quite a number that have multiple products. I.E. iherb.com has vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast and bragg's.. so combining shipping might not be too bad. I just need to start looking around more.

Luxxi: I will check out amazon.com.. I had checked out ebay and was surprised that more people don't sell stuff like this there... there are a few but the prices aren't great.
#7 Old 05-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Beginner

I finally found it at the local co-op! It's was a pretty fair price. I started with the smaller squirt bottle. In the future I will definitely invest in a bigger bottle! Love the taste!! Thanks guys!
#8 Old 05-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiprincess View Post

I finally found it at the local co-op! It's was a pretty fair price. I started with the smaller squirt bottle. In the future I will definitely invest in a bigger bottle! Love the taste!! Thanks guys!

Yay so glad you found it and like it. I actually prefer using the squirt bottle because it's easier to control how much comes out of the bottle. When I've gotten bigger bottles I just used them to refill the squirt bottles.
#9 Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Beginner

^^I think I'll be doing the refill thing also. I love adding it to everything now! It's so great!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page