VeggieBoards banner

Herbal Spice Soup

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Nora 
#1 ·
So a little background because I like to give you some background story. One of the ingredients listed in here was because I didn't like them and just wanted to find a way to use it up without having to subject myself to the possible gag reflex involved in eating it. You don't have to use this ingredient, especially since I think it was discontinued. And no wonder. However, if you can find it, don't skip it because it's actually part of the flavor.

Ingredients:

-Eggless Egg Noodles [I found some, can't remember the brand, because when I originally opened them I man handled them and didn't know my own strength so the bag ripped right open and was unusable, but they are in my ziploc bag. Really any light textured pasta will work]
-Chez Marie Veggie Patties: http://polarastudio.com/wp-content/uploads/ColorProofsCovers4.jpg [This is the ingredient I was talking about. First off the patties were ridiculously hard to actually break apart when frozen and broke into tiny chunks. I used it elsewhere with some brown rice in another failed recipe, and this ugh, don't eat it without allowing it to absorb some kind of flavor]
-Spices- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Berbere, Black Pepper, Vegetable Bouillon, Mrs. Dash Table Blend, Smoked Paprika, Chili Powder

Steps:

-Heat up your pan, remember hot pan, cold oil. When it's nice and hot, spray with a little bit of cooking spray. Then crumble up the Chez Marie veggie patty and break apart until you can see every ingredient mostly separated from each other.

-When every ingredient is mostly broken up and separate add, a small amount of water, just enough to cover the most bottom of the pan. Add your vegetable bouillon, let it boil, so all the flavor from the patties ingredients and the bouillon infuse

-After they boil, add another small amount of water, covering the next level of pan, but not all the way. Let's go with another half. Add your garlic, onion powder, berbere, black pepper, and once again let it boil so the flavors infuse

-After they boil, add another small amount of water, and add the rest of your spices. The Table Blend, the chile powder and the smoke paprika. And once again let it infuse before adding else

-After it boils, taste. Add seasonings to your palette if it isn't to your liking. Then add your noodles, do not add water to the boiling water. Let it boil for a moment.

-Add more water to the top, then let the noodles cook

-When the noodles are done, turn off the oven, and let the mixture cool

-Serve to enjoy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.