What are quick and easy - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AFluffyNyamo

#1 Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM

I am a teen who needs something quick, easy, and able to eat it whenever while i am at school without it going bad any suggestions??????? huh.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-20-2012, 06:12 PM

banana

#3 Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

trail mix, celery with peanut butter or almond butter, fruit, cereal, dried fruit, peanut butter sandwich, bagel.

#4 Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Nuts, granola bars, fruit...
#5 Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM

Home made no bake bars, like fruit and nut bars. And to combine the above already stated, peanut butter and banana sandwichs!
Happyhardcore likes this.

Nyamooo! Nyama nyaamaaaa nyamma nyamma nyamooo

#6 Old 02-12-2013, 11:37 PM

Fruits and milk are simple yet nutritious snacks

#7 Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Zelda Freak

Pears! They carry well without getting smooshed or bruised, fill you up and give you a nice bit of energy. I used to eat like 4 a day in collage - I just carried around a big container of them sliced. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#8 Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Beginner

Smoothies, baked oatmeal/granola bars, fruit leathers, granola, other cereals, (dried) fruit, nuts, seeds, roasted beans etc. wraps, leftovers such as pasta, pizza, rice etc. are super quick, toasted nori, can't think of any more right now!
#9 Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 PM

Dry Fruits and Fruits are healthy snacks.

#10 Old 04-30-2013, 02:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Another is bagels or tortillas.  Add one of those one serving packets of almond butter to it (most grocery stores carry them now?).  Or just buy a jar of peanut butter and spread it on ahead of time.  I make batches of soup at home and bring them to work in a thermos.  Not sure if you live on campus or in an apartment or at home though.  Carrots, snap peas, cauliflower, and raw brocoli will all keep unrefrigerated for days to snack on.  Roasted pumpkin seeds with the shell on can be bought relatively cheaply and last a long time.  Fruit is probably the least expensive and most readily available, but individual boxes of raisins are good too.  I can find those at a Dollar store (6 pk for a $1).  And dry dates, if you buy them in the baking section in a box or tin, are also quite filling and not too expensive.  Put them in a baggy and bring them with.  Mejool dates are like a dessert, but they are a bit more expensive.  I am thinking of cost because I too am a college student (much older though and live in my own house).  I have little jars saved that I pour almond milk into and bring to work to sip on, though it does get warm after an hour or so unless you have an insulated bag.  Doesn't bother me though. 

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page