Creamy Vegan Mac-n-Cheese - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MozIsMyShepherd

#1 Old 02-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Formerly Sick-Now Healthy

Creamy Vegan Mac-n-Cheese

This is a recipe I adapted from veganyumminess. We use it often for not only mac-n-cheese, but also in nacho cheese dip, as a topping for baked potatoes, and over steamed broccoli. I highly recommend it! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/310889180503338874/

You guys may notice that I changed up my blog design. Trying to make it more visual and engaging. Any constructive feedback/thoughts welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150130_182824622.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	7258   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150130_183534526.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	7266  

EatPlant-Based.com

Last edited by TerriNC; 02-26-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Lovable misanthrope

Looks delicious, I might try. I've been making vegan mac and cheese a lot but with the powdered vegan cheese that you dissolve in water to make the sauce, so I guess not as healthy...
Will have a look at your new look blog

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#3 Old 03-02-2015, 07:23 AM

MozIsMyShepherd, I'm betting you'll really like this. I think it's so much better than powdered cheese. And the cheese sauce is so versatile, it can be used not only for mac-n-cheese, but also nacho cheese dip, a topping for steamed broccoli and potatoes, and more. As a matter of fact, when I make the sauce, I always make a double or triple batch to use for all the above. I put it in mason jars and store in the refrigerator to liven-up some of my other dishes throughout the week. Just this weekend, I used it for nacho cheese dip. Love it and no guilt since it's made from potatoes, carrots, onions, and cashews! YUM!

EatPlant-Based.com

#4 Old 03-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Vegan Newbie 2016

I just bought my very first container of nutritional yeast- I am excited and a little nervous about trying it for the first time! http://bragg.com/products/bragg-prem...salt-free.html
#5 Old 03-03-2015, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefox View Post
I just bought my very first container of nutritional yeast- I am excited and a little nervous about trying it for the first time! http://bragg.com/products/bragg-prem...salt-free.html
Yay purplefox! That's the same brand I buy, and I really like it. It also has B12, which is a plus! I use nutritional yeast in a lot of recipes, and I sprinkle it and sea salt on my popcorn too. It's not something I'd eat by itself, but it gives a slight cheesy flavor to many recipes and dips. Love to hear how you like it when you try it.

EatPlant-Based.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page