5Likes
  • 1 Post By Lavendyr
  • 1 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By CatherineLove
  • 1 Post By CatherineLove

#1 Old 06-22-2014, 08:24 AM

Amazing Eggplant Burger!

My daughter made this a couple weeks ago and was by far the best homemade veggie burger I have had! I didn't have with the potato chips on top and didn't know my daughter 'skipped' the carmelized onions which I would have loved. The mayo is awesome and better with fresh tarragon than dried IMHO. Makes three really big burgers that are difficult to finish. We are going to do sliders next time. http://www.onegreenplanet.org/plant-...-crunchburger/
Werewolf Girl likes this.

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That's the problem.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

That looks super messy to eat but SO worth it.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 06-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

AAAaaaahhhh! Why don't I buy eggplant!!!!
The other recipe I've been jonesing to make is similiar, but with lentils. Did I buy eggplant? No. Do I regret it? very much.
I just back from the store where I had a short list and now find myself without foods to complete anything I wanted to make!

That. Looks. Fabulous!

#4 Old 06-22-2014, 03:45 PM

I just bought an egg plant and needed a recipe, I will be trying this one out!
#5 Old 06-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineLove View Post
I just bought an egg plant and needed a recipe, I will be trying this one out!
Let us know how it turns out, I haven't tried it yet but I keep drooling over that picture...

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#6 Old 06-24-2014, 07:21 PM

These came out great tonight! I did tweak it a bit, smaller burgers, no cheese sauce, and I didn't have warchester sauce or w.e that is called...

I would deff. recommended making these just remember you have to put it in the fridge for 30 minutes so start dinner early ;-)

Everyone ate these baby, papa, mama, and nana!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0224.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	2561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	2569  
#7 Old 06-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Yummy! So glad to know the recipe turned out well, I need to get all the ingredients together and try it myself soon. Thanks for sharing!

#8 Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 PM

Those burgers looks great. I think I had eggplant sandwich during a wedding I attended few months back. It was yummy. I was not sure there will be any vegan food in that event but luckily they considered vegetarians too. Sandwich was one the few items for vegetarians. The host told me it was a difficult job to find a good catering service that serves good vegan food as well. Since then I was looking for a recipe to make one of those sandwiches. I think this is the closest I ever found though it is a burger than a sandwich. I will be trying this for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page