Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
  • 2 Post By VeganRealm
  • 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 2 Post By VeganRealm
  • 1 Post By ZoroAdams

#1 Old 02-05-2016, 08:22 AM

Smile Fennel and citrus fruits salad

I made this salad; full of vitamines!! that will help us go through winter I'm italian so it's English/French subbed

Tom and Blue Gingham like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Vegan since February 2011

Interesting salad!

Is that you who made the video? If so, I noticed you mentioned black olives have vitamin B12. I was not aware of this and I can't seem to find any information about this on the internet. Where did you hear that black olives contain B12?

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 02-06-2016, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Interesting salad!

Is that you who made the video? If so, I noticed you mentioned black olives have vitamin B12. I was not aware of this and I can't seem to find any information about this on the internet. Where did you hear that black olives contain B12?
Yes, they contain 1.26 µg per 100g. I found this information on several Italian forums and websites. I must add that at the moment it is not clear whether this vitamin can be assimilated or not. Keep in mind that I only use fresh local olives bought in local markets; I'm pretty sure industrial black olives do not have any B12.
#4 Old 02-06-2016, 06:11 AM

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion in the forums I used as a reference, I decided to do some additional research and I noticed that most of the sources take this info from a website that removed it. I decided then to edit my video and remove the part about B12. It was an honest mistake. Thank you for having noticed it
Tom and Naturebound like this.
#5 Old 02-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

My browser stopped playing this after only a few seconds, so maybe I'll try again later. This sounds quite interesting! I like the ingredients separately but haven't had them in this combination.

There is a lot of conflicting information about Vitamin B-12 out there. My diet is quite healthy, but B-12 is on of the few supplements I take, and my doctor approves. (Interestingly, I heard on a radio broadcast a few years ago that most vitamin supplements were a waste, but B-12 was one of the vitamins that many people- vegans, vegetarians, pescetarians, and omnivores alike!- could sometimes benefit from supplementing. I've forgotten the source, though...)

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#6 Old 02-07-2016, 04:58 AM

grazie mille for the video. It is an interesting debate about B-12 and olives. I know they containing Vitamin A, E. Please where did you find that info about B12 ???
#7 Old 02-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

I want that so badly! I've never had citron, or fresh fennel, but citrus and olives and ginger- oh yeah, imma gonna like that!
Is the white part of citron different from the white on an orange or grapefruit?
#8 Old 02-08-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoroAdams View Post
grazie mille for the video. It is an interesting debate about B-12 and olives. I know they containing Vitamin A, E. Please where did you find that info about B12 ???
I listed some of the websites (Italian) i used as reference

http://ricette-calorie.com/valori-nu...olive-nere.php (this website now removed the information about B12)
http://www.my-personaltrainer.it/vit...12alimenti.htm
http://unadieta.it/dieta/546-aliment...amina-b12.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I want that so badly! I've never had citron, or fresh fennel, but citrus and olives and ginger- oh yeah, imma gonna like that!
Is the white part of citron different from the white on an orange or grapefruit?
Generally speaking the white part of Citrus and Grapefruit (at least some varieties) is sweater. It's of course edible; but except for the consistency i don't think there is a big difference.
#9 Old 02-08-2016, 01:41 PM

VeganRealm Thank you so much for the links. I will need google translate to read that . I hope that I will not lose something in translation
VeganRealm likes this.
#10 Old 01-06-2017, 02:15 AM

This looks amazing.I am a vegan and I love to have green salads.The salad I mostly prefer is avocado salad and when I make it at home I would add some herbs and spices just to enhance the taste and make it taste a bit different .I love trying out new recipes and thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page