Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Banned

I can never get the taste right.. anyone have a recipe they could share? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Beginner

i usually use Italian dressing or another vinaigrette dressing. Add some veggies cheese olives garlic sometimes capers depends on the dressing. Mine is always simple and fast.

Life isn't about forgetting or tuning out. It's about learning to live with and accept your worst mistakes. They are what make us all, even the gods, human. ~ Acheron

#3 Old 04-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned

i luv pasta salad

i use diced red onion, carrots, garbanzo beans or cannellini beans, sundried tomatoes or regular tomatoes, olives, celery, parsley, basil
+
rainbow rotini or fusili or bowties or pinwheels (whatever fork sized shape)
+
dress with olive oil, balsamic or red whine vinegar, salt, pepper, crushed garlic or garlic powder (or use a store bought balsamic dressing or italian dressing)

that's pretty much it, its versatile but i think the key ingredients are red onions, olives, and herbs that give it that certain flavor.
#4 Old 04-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Beginner

What kind of pasta do you use ? I find that the smaller types that are made with wholemeal, spelt of soya flour have a better taste.

You also need to undercook the pasta slightly and season it with vinaigrette ( a simple homemade evo dressing with lemon or vinegar) whilst it is still warm. It will finish off cooking naturally.

You then need a bit of crunch by adding raw diced or shredded vegetables. I also like to add some leaves eg rocket or baby mesclun. I also like to add a few Greek or French black olives.
#5 Old 04-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Banned

thanks everyone! before I was vegan I was addicted to the pasta salad at ruby tuesdays.. it was really creamy. Idk. I can't seem to dublicate it. I even tried adding vegan ranch to it.. ><
I'll just try the stuff here, thanks.
#6 Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Here is the link to a Ruby Tuesday creamy pasta salad recipe. It has a lot of dairy (sour cream and cheese) and ham that you'll have to sub, but on the plus side, there is pasta and peas. http://rubytuesdayrecipes.blogspot.c...salad.html?m=1
#7 Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 AM
Beginner

Here is a great pasta salad recipe:

http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com...alad-with.html

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page