Salads,.. - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Banned

Hi guys,..
Please any one share here some best and easy salads recipes,... because love to eat salads and its useful one for bodybuilders,...
Any sharing will be appreciated,...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-04-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigham View Post

Hi guys,..
Please any one share here some best and easy salads recipes,... because love to eat salads and its useful one for bodybuilders,...
Any sharing will be appreciated,...

I'll share some salads if you share some bodybuilding ideas Lol

I like the easy salads myself. Iceberg with a slice of tomato, then lots of cucumber A little thinly sliced red onion is pretty good aswell.
I'm not a big spinach fan, but if you add some dressing you'll never taste the spinach.

I usually just grab a bit of whatever we've got in the fridge and throw it together. Sometimes I toss snow peas in, or a little green pepper. Whatever needs to get used up. I made a bit of a salad and put it in a tortilla wrap with lots of black pepper... mmmmm
#3 Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Haha, see, I would have said anything but iceberg, which has to be the most boring vegetable on the face of the planet.

Hmm, 'kay, I like to throw nuts and avocado into practically all my salads. So the nuts would give you some good protein and fats, while the avocado is more fat. I also like sprinkling on ground hempseed - if available - and ground flaxseed. All of these things would be helpful in trying to put on weight / build muscle.

Direct action is always the clamorer, the initiator, through which the great sum of indifferentists become aware that oppression is getting intolerable. - Voltairine de Cleyre

#4 Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 PM

Morning KL1983 how are you doing?

My best salad is lettuce, spinash, onion, mushroom, pineapple, avo with asparagus topped with some roasted seeds.

Must admit thou I am more of a veggie person then salad person.

Also take chickpeas, kidney, butter and green beans mix with onion and cut up tomato and make your own salad sauce with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and little bit of sugar.

What about cous cous with butternut and red and yellow pepper.
#5 Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

Haha, see, I would have said anything but iceberg, which has to be the most boring vegetable on the face of the planet.

Hmm, 'kay, I like to throw nuts and avocado into practically all my salads. So the nuts would give you some good protein and fats, while the avocado is more fat. I also like sprinkling on ground hempseed - if available - and ground flaxseed. All of these things would be helpful in trying to put on weight / build muscle.

I honestly would rather not eat than eat iceberg. But if one doesn't like spinach or other leafy greens (kale, collard/mustard/turnip ) or arugula and such, I suppose it serves a purpose.

When I make a salad, I tend to make it really big. Usually spinach, some leafy greens or a multiple lettuce mix (bagged) if I'm feeling lazy or need to cut corners for expenses. Then I add in tomato, bell pepper (red ones are my favorite but I like them all), raw broccoli, avocado, carrots (not matchstick ones, I like to crunch on them), cucumber or celery for more crunch. I also like to use garbanzo or kidney beans. My fiance likes the Morningstar Chik'n strips (the ones in the bag) on salad so a lot of times we add those in. Olives and mushrooms are also good, but some don't like them so they're obviously optional.

I've also added in jalapeno or other hot peppers, but I tend to like spicier foods.

For dressing, we usually do a balsamic vinaigrette or something along those lines. I prefer oily dressings to creamier ones, but that's personal preference.

It really just boils down to what you like, and/or what you're needing from the salad's contents.
#6 Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

My best salad is lettuce, spinash, onion, mushroom, pineapple, avo with asparagus topped with some roasted seeds.

Also take chickpeas, kidney, butter and green beans mix with onion and cut up tomato and make your own salad sauce with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and little bit of sugar.

How did I forget pineapple? It's definitely good in salad! I've tried mandarin orange slices too, which are nice. I've also heard of strawberries being used.
#7 Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I honestly would rather not eat than eat iceberg. But if one doesn't like spinach or other leafy greens (kale, collard/mustard/turnip ) or arugula and such, I suppose it serves a purpose.

When I make a salad, I tend to make it really big. Usually spinach, some leafy greens or a multiple lettuce mix (bagged) if I'm feeling lazy or need to cut corners for expenses. Then I add in tomato, bell pepper (red ones are my favorite but I like them all), raw broccoli, avocado, carrots (not matchstick ones, I like to crunch on them), cucumber or celery for more crunch. I also like to use garbanzo or kidney beans. My fiance likes the Morningstar Chik'n strips (the ones in the bag) on salad so a lot of times we add those in. Olives and mushrooms are also good, but some don't like them so they're obviously optional.

I've also added in jalapeno or other hot peppers, but I tend to like spicier foods.

For dressing, we usually do a balsamic vinaigrette or something along those lines. I prefer oily dressings to creamier ones, but that's personal preference.

It really just boils down to what you like, and/or what you're needing from the salad's contents.

Hey, kasandra! I'm doing just fine, thank you. Up past my bedtime as usual, what else is new? How are you?

Brandon, it's like... eating crunchy water? I'm not 100% crazy about all greens (Swiss chard, for instance, is so so... bit too strong for me), but I like most of them, and I want them to be flavorful.

Mmm, you're all making me want to eat salad, though. I've never had asparagus in a salad before, that sounds interesting. And pineapple, yum... I sometimes toss dried fruit in mine, that's good, too.

Oooh, sliced strawberries, onion, sesame seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette, tossed into mixed greens. Oh, I haven't had that since last summer, and I would kill for it right now.

Direct action is always the clamorer, the initiator, through which the great sum of indifferentists become aware that oppression is getting intolerable. - Voltairine de Cleyre
#8 Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

Brandon, it's like... eating crunchy water? I'm not 100% crazy about all greens (Swiss chard, for instance, is so so... bit too strong for me), but I like most of them, and I want them to be flavorful.

Mmm, you're all making me want to eat salad, though. I've never had asparagus in a salad before, that sounds interesting. And pineapple, yum... I sometimes toss dried fruit in mine, that's good, too.

Oooh, sliced strawberries, onion, sesame seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette, tossed into mixed greens. Oh, I haven't had that since last summer, and I would kill for it right now.

Iceberg is nothing but cold and crunchy. And watery. So....yup.

Spinach + strawberries + pecans + vinaigrette is a very tasty simple salad too.
#9 Old 05-04-2011, 11:54 PM

You guys and your anti-ice berg agenda... It just gives the salad some volume It's not added for taste.
#10 Old 05-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back-Space View Post

You guys and your anti-ice berg agenda... It just gives the salad some volume It's not added for taste.

Pfft, who needs that? Add tasty volume! Romaine, arugula, spinach (for those who like it), etc.

#11 Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 AM

watercress!

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#12 Old 05-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

watercress!

#13 Old 05-05-2011, 03:29 AM

My favorite -

Romaine lettuce, baby arugula, tomato, avocado, red cabbage, sprouts, carrots, sunflower seeds and black olives.
#14 Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 PM

Mmmm Taco Salad! Get some lettuce, spinach leaves, the TVP crumbles, (I may be wording that wrong, not the TVP chunks but the TVP with a consistency similar to ground beef), tomatoes, olives, soy cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips, etc. Yummmy!

Flavor the TVP in veg. chicken broth and season with cumin and any other spices you find delightful.
#15 Old 05-06-2011, 01:26 PM

Bodybuilders salad

Put 1-2 scoop(s) of protein powder in a bowl.

Add 1 leaf of salad.

Eat with a spoon.

Now that's fancy eatin'!

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#16 Old 05-08-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Bodybuilders salad

Put 1-2 scoop(s) of protein powder in a bowl.

Add 1 leaf of salad.

Eat with a spoon.

Now that's fancy eatin'!

Ooo, that does sound good
#17 Old 05-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

I Love Spinach with Strawberries, sunflower seeds, tofu bits, and Briana's Poppy Seed Dress

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#18 Old 05-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Banned

The one I eat almost everyday is Romaine lettuce, some raw broccoli, a couple sliced golf ball sized tomatoes, celery, avocado, mashed black olives, canned corn, extra virgin olive oil, some dried basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar.

If I have plenty of nutritional yeast, I'll sprinkle some on top.

I don't add any salt. The corn and olives have a little salt and the tomatoes and vinegar add enough saltiness.

Once in a while I will add swiss chard leaves, but I got tired of it usually having a bunch of bug holes eaten in it.
#19 Old 07-19-2016, 01:47 AM

Try this simple one. Shred carrots, apples, and honey and put walnuts, almonds or any kind of nut on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page