yummy red foods - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By mgmxv
  • 2 Post By pandiculationco
  • 1 Post By pandiculationco

#1 Old 02-12-2014, 09:52 AM

I made the most delicious drink this morning and the color just woke me up....

beet, strawberry, banana and raw honey , water

Werewolf Girl likes this.

We are all an extension of the one divine source....can we be kind to each other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Isn't it wonderful how colourful raw food is? It's almost too pretty to eat sometimes! tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 02-12-2014, 03:52 PM

never too pretty to eat...makes my mouth water and taste buds brim with excitement....and yeah, the most delicious stuff is from this magnificent place we call earth!!!!!!!!!

We are all an extension of the one divine source....can we be kind to each other?

#4 Old 02-12-2014, 06:14 PM

Beet strawberry and banana sounds great!  But why the added sugar? @_@  that sounds really sweet as it is.

#5 Old 02-12-2014, 07:03 PM

I live in a part of the planet that has many unruly allergens like cedar and mold ....I use the raw honey to diffuse the symptoms. It works for this body...have been doing it for years, when I noticed the change in my diet the symptoms changed. many disagree with the use of honey as it is not a vegan food. I choose not to argue...only to listen to me. I only used 1/4 banana and two thin slices of beet and about 6 frozen strawberries and maybe a tablespoon of yummy raw organic honey.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:hungry:

#6 Old 02-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmxv View Post

I live in a part of the planet that has many unruly allergens like cedar and mold ....I use the raw honey to diffuse the symptoms. It works for this body...have been doing it for years, when I noticed the change in my diet the symptoms changed. 

That's actually a myth.  There's not any evidence for the efficacy of honey against allergies (not only is it pretty much useless to eat pollen to cure allergies- you need a shot- but it's the wrong kind of pollen), and to the contrary, it could cause allergic reactions, and raw honey in particular is dangerous due to pathogens and rotting bee parts (bits of legs and wing pieces too small to see), as well as environmental toxins which accumulate in honey.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/features/does-honey-help-prevent-allergies

http://www.unitedallergyservices.com/will-honey-relieve-my-seasonal-allergies/

There's nothing good to be said about honey.  High fructose corn syrup is the healthier option by far.

It has nothing to do with it being vegan or not ^_^  It's just not a healthy food for humans.

Tom and silva like this.
#7 Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 PM

Lol...each to their own...i seriously do notice changes with my sneezing....but you dont know me or my body now.....do you?

peace, humbly....of course

:trick:

#8 Old 02-12-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:

Lol...each to their own...i seriously do notice changes with my sneezing....but you dont know me or my body now.....do you?

peace, humbly....of course

:trick:

Well, the placebo effect (the power of the mind, and expectation to affect change) is very powerful.  If you believe something will work, it very often will because you believed it.

That's evidence of the incredible power of the human mind, not of honey ;)

You  can achieve the same effects of honey by meditating instead, and tapping the power of your mind directly.  Not only is is cheaper than raw honey (it's free), but it's healthier too :)

silva likes this.
#9 Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 PM

thank you for that....I have meditating for twenty one years now...am an avid developer of my inner mind...or allow the mind to be opened by divinity simply by being open. My meditation and my food choices are quite personal and while I enjoy sharing I am hopeful for the integrity of others to be polite.

namaste

#10 Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:

thank you for that....I have meditating for twenty one years now...am an avid developer of my inner mind...or allow the mind to be opened by divinity simply by being open. My meditation and my food choices are quite personal and while I enjoy sharing I am hopeful for the integrity of others to be polite.

namaste

Well, I guess we'll have to disagree.  

I don't think it's impolite to share important information with somebody to help them.  If I made a mistake about my food choices, and was eating something unhealthy but mistakenly thought it was healthy, I would want somebody to tell me so I could change and grow as a better person.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Please understand that I do so out of compassion, and not a desire for conflict.  It's better to see the best in people, instead of assuming the worst intentions.  Accepting advice with grace is an important part of having an open mind, and is another matter of spiritual integrity. :)

Namaste

#11 Old 05-09-2014, 06:29 PM

One of my favourite is a beet root and another is a dragon fruit, it actually white inside but reddish or pinkish in the outside :)

Get Fit from Within 
Nazafit Online Fitness and Nutrition - CHEK Holistic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach, Master personal trainer, IPAC Physique conditioning coach and whole live food nutrition expert

http://www.nazafit.com.au/

#12 Old 01-16-2017, 07:53 AM
Kaye

Perfect and Delicious!

I will be trying this drink...thanks for the recipe!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page