#1 Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 AM

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

Ingredients:
1/3 cup plain regular oats
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons chia seeds
½ of a ripe banana, peeled and mashed
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions: Mix together the above ingredients in a bowl and place in fridge overnight.

I made this last night and it was sooo delicious this morning! It only took 2 mins to throw together and put in fridge, (much better than boiling them on the stove!) and it was great! I also added about a tsp of cocoa powder this morning because I love chocolate-banana flavor, but you could do other mix-in ideas like almond butter & pure maple syrup etc. Also you could leave out the banana and/or chia seeds if youd like or if you dont have them on hand and just use the almond milk. This recipe is very versatile!! \t\t\t\t\t\t

-Kari, Minnesota mommy, wife and vegetarian. treatyourbodyright.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Hmm this sounds interesting...I kinda want to try. I like recipes that have a lot of variation
#3 Old 02-14-2011, 02:22 PM

sounds good. I think I'll make some tonight. how long will it stay in the fridge? I would like to make a larger batch.

ÂAn animalÂs eyes have the power to speak a great language.Â
ÂMartin Buber

#4 Old 02-14-2011, 02:25 PM

Sounds yum! Are the chia seeds necessary? Because I really want to make it tonight and I have all of those ingredients except for the chia seeds.

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men." -Alice Walker
#5 Old 02-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPotato View Post

Sounds yum! Are the chia seeds necessary? Because I really want to make it tonight and I have all of those ingredients except for the chia seeds.

Not at all, they would only thicken it, and add omega 3's and more protein. I use ground flax. It's not as nutritious, but acts the same, and adds protein and omega 3 cheaper. You don't need that either. Look at the post again!
I've used sliced strawberries.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#6 Old 02-15-2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post

Not at all, they would only thicken it, and add omega 3's and more protein. I use ground flax. It's not as nutritious, but acts the same, and adds protein and omega 3 cheaper. You don't need that either. Look at the post again!
I've used sliced strawberries.

Haha thanks. I think I was so excited about it that I didn't even read the whole thing!

"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men." -Alice Walker
#7 Old 02-17-2011, 05:57 AM

I tried it and I loved it!

ÂAn animalÂs eyes have the power to speak a great language.Â
ÂMartin Buber
#8 Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 AM

Just wanted to say that while this is a tasty thing to eat, 'regular' oats, vanilla extract and almond milk (unless you make the almond milk yourself) are not actually raw. Cocoa powder and maple syrup aren't raw either.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#9 Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Just wanted to say that while this is a tasty thing to eat, 'regular' oats, vanilla extract and almond milk (unless you make the almond milk yourself) are not actually raw. Cocoa powder and maple syrup aren't raw either.

You can never be 100% but in any case it's still a healthy dish.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#10 Old 02-17-2011, 12:14 PM

Well, people can be and are 100% raw, but that's not related to what I was saying...and whether or not it's 'healthy' isn't the issue either...I'm simply trying to educate on this topic, as there are so many misconceptions about what 'raw' foods are. It's in the 'raw foods' recipe forum and the only 'raw' thing in the recipe is the banana/chia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktormartini View Post

You can never be 100% but in any case it's still a healthy dish.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#11 Old 02-17-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Whoops... My bad. I thought that uncooked oats would be considered raw... and since they make up the bulk of the recipe that they would be best categorized in the raw foods recipes.

-Kari, Minnesota mommy, wife and vegetarian. treatyourbodyright.blogspot.com
#12 Old 06-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Banned

Appears to be yum! Are the chia plant seeds necessary? Because I really want to create it this evening and I have all of those substances except for the chia plant seeds.

http://www.premierfitnessolutions.com/cary-weight-loss.html

#13 Old 01-30-2015, 12:56 PM
Veg & two wheels

You can get away with soaking the oats for half an hour especially if it's oatmeal. I don't mind the oats chewy tho.
Ultimately the oats are more tender soaked over night.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page