Pumpkin risotto - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-12-2013, 03:19 AM

pumpkin risotto

Pumpkin Risotto

Pumpkin risotto is a delicate dish made ​​of rice with a very particular taste, given by its main ingredient, the pumpkin. It can be a great main dish, followed by a side dish and fresh seasonal fruit.

SERVINGS: 4

PREPARATION TIME: 25 min

COOKING TIME: 20 min

INGREDIENTS

• 7 oz pumpkin (net weight of pulp)
  • 5 2/3 oz of rice
  • 1 shallot
  • 2 sage leaves
  • 2 thyme sprigs
  • 4 1/4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cups dry white wine
  • salt
  • pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. Wash the pumpkin under running cold water and cut in half. Remove the seeds and filaments with the help of a spoon. Cut into small pieces and peel. Make ​​an half inch cubes out of the pumpkin pieces.
  2. Peel the shallots and chop finely.
  3. Wash the sage and thyme leaves. Wrap the thyme sprigs among the sage leaves and tie tightly with kitchen twine.
  4. Heat the broth.
  5. In a pot put the oil, the chopped shallots and let it golden gently. Combine pumpkin, a pinch of salt, the aromatic bunch, freshly ground pepper, stir and cook for a couple of minutes on high heat.
  6. Add the white wine, stir and allow to evaporate.
  7. Add the rice and toast it a minute, stirring constantly.
  8. Combine 3-4 ladles of hot broth and set the timer according to the cooking time of the type of rice you are using (usually 15-18 minutes).
  9. Continue combining the broth as it is absorbed, stirring occasionally, without letting the mixture to dry.
  10. When cooked, turn off the heat and let stand a minute.

NUTRITIONAL VALUES

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being Vegan View Post

pumpkin risotto

Pumpkin Risotto

Pumpkin risotto is a delicate dish made ​​of rice with a very particular taste, given by its main ingredient, the pumpkin. It can be a great main dish, followed by a side dish and fresh seasonal fruit.

SERVINGS: 4

PREPARATION TIME: 25 min

COOKING TIME: 20 min

INGREDIENTS

• 7 oz pumpkin (net weight of pulp)
  • 5 2/3 oz of rice
  • 1 shallot
  • 2 sage leaves
  • 2 thyme sprigs
  • 4 1/4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cups dry white wine
  • salt
  • pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. Wash the pumpkin under running cold water and cut in half. Remove the seeds and filaments with the help of a spoon. Cut into small pieces and peel. Make ​​an half inch cubes out of the pumpkin pieces.
  2. Peel the shallots and chop finely.
  3. Wash the sage and thyme leaves. Wrap the thyme sprigs among the sage leaves and tie tightly with kitchen twine.
  4. Heat the broth.
  5. In a pot put the oil, the chopped shallots and let it golden gently. Combine pumpkin, a pinch of salt, the aromatic bunch, freshly ground pepper, stir and cook for a couple of minutes on high heat.
  6. Add the white wine, stir and allow to evaporate.
  7. Add the rice and toast it a minute, stirring constantly.
  8. Combine 3-4 ladles of hot broth and set the timer according to the cooking time of the type of rice you are using (usually 15-18 minutes).
  9. Continue combining the broth as it is absorbed, stirring occasionally, without letting the mixture to dry.
  10. When cooked, turn off the heat and let stand a minute.

NUTRITIONAL VALUES

Thank you, that's just what I needed to see! I have a weird mix of people coming over next week, including little kids, and they usually love risotto. I bet they love this one--I may sprinkle a little sugar-cinnamon on the kids' ones.
smiley.gif
#3 Old 10-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

This looks delicious! So many pumpkin recipes, yet so little time! I'm going to try to make some this season with fresh pumpkin, but I can always make others throughout the year with tinned pumpkin.

Aristede:book: 

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#4 Old 10-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

This looks so good! drool.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 10-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Banned

interesting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page