Mexican Fried Rice - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Tonight my younger brother and I had a conversation that went like this

SoulTofood: What do you want with the leftover rice?

Illusionist: Fried Rice!

*SoulToFood looks in cupboard unamused*

SoulTofood: We don't have any fried rice makings

*Illusionist looks a little disappointed*

SoulTofood: I have an idea, Pigeon Peas can be our normal subsitute Sweet Peas, we don't really need Soy Sauce, how about we make a Mexican fried rice. And that's how this recipe came to be.

Because we couldn't make an Asian fried rice, we made a subsitute using Mexican seasonings

Ingredients:

Can of Pigeon peas

Can of Green Chiles

Leftover Cooked Rice

Spices [I went with Ms. Dash Sweet Chipotle, Chili Powder, Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, and I really recommend Garlic Powder or Granulated Garlic. Today I made the mistake of using Garlic Salt WAY to ****ing Salty trust me just don't. Despite the saltiness its still really good though]

Steps

-Heat up skillet, remember hot pan cold oil, when skillet is ready put some very little oil, just enough to coat the pan, when the oil turns shimmery, put your leftover cold rice in

-Let your rice burn a little, omg just that right amount of crisp, trust me it's worth it

-After your rice is at your prefered crispiness, put the green chiles juice and all in to moisten it up so it doesn't dry out

-After mixing your green chiles, put your pigeon peas in, stir, and then your seasoning

-It should be done when your pigeons peas are soft

-Serve and Enjoy

Aristede likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Cooking from the cupboard is a good way to go! I often cook just like this. 

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

#3 Old 09-18-2013, 12:11 PM

See many of my recipes are never planned. I have basically : Throw Everything in a pan about 6 recipes 

Then there is, Whatever I find I make 6

lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page