8Likes
  • 3 Post By Thalassa4
  • 1 Post By Spudulika
  • 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 3 Post By MaddieR523

#1 Old 03-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Veggie Recycler

Buddha Bowls!

I can't claim credit for this, but I found this recipe for Roasted Chickpea, Squash, Quinoa and Kale with Avacado Cilantro dressing Buddha bowl...I made it today, it was one of the most delicious meals I've eaten in my life! It will definitely become a new regular meal in my vegan diet.

https://www.simplyorganic.com/recipe...ocado-dressing

Share your favorite Buddha Bowls!
LedBoots, Naturebound and David3 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Veggie Regular

If you don't like the fuss of making food 'into things' (pies, wraps, patties, loaves etc.) then Buddah Bowls are a great way to serve food. I don't have recipes for this kind of thing, I just look at what I have in the cupboard (starting with the fresh vegetables).
#3 Old 03-08-2016, 02:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I too tend to just mix and match my own Buddha bowls, though I have looked at recipes for inspiration and ideas. I love millet as a base because it soaks in flavors so well and gives a nice chewy texture. For a lighter fluffier grain I use couscous. I used to love quinoa but developed an intolerance to it (severe stomach cramps).

For millet, I like to add steamed/sauteed cauliflower, carrot, diced potato or butternut squash, onion, collard green strips, unsweetened shredded coconut, and coconut milk along with spices like curry, garam masala, ginger, cinammon, garlic.

With couscous, I like chickpeas, mandarin orange or clementine slices and the juice from them, fresh steamed green beans or kale, cardemom.

I saw recently in a vegan magazine (can't remember which one but I think it was VegNews) breakfast bowls and they were so beautiful! Full of new ideas! I liked the amaranth one with maple syrup, cranberries and some other stuff. I never think to use amaranth. I haven't had it in years.

I have discovered so many new grains in the years I have been vegan. Buckwheat groats, oat groats, bulgur wheat, millet, amaranth, teff. Thankfully some of them are becoming easier to find in mainstream groceries, though oddly finding millet is near impossible outside of the bulk section of my Whole Foods Coop unless ordering it online.
Thalassa4 likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 Old 05-17-2016, 08:58 AM

Just checked out the recipe, Thalassa, and it sounds super delicious! :-) Especially the avocado cilantro dressing. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing it with us! I just love how healthy Buddha bowls are. <3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page