6Likes
  • 3 Post By Vegan Mike
  • 1 Post By Vegan Mike
  • 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 1 Post By Vegan Mike

#1 Old 04-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Love

Smile Avocado salad dressing

I only tried making this once so I don't really know the exact measurements, but all you need is an avocado, a lemon, water and a food processor. You can try using half an avocado. Maybe 2 tablespoons of water. I would recommend not using the whole lemon otherwise it's probably going to be a little too sour, so maybe half a lemon depending on how sour you want it to be. Throw the half of an avocado, half of a lemon and 2 tablespoons of water into a food processor and that's it! It's a nice dressing, more on the thick side so it doesn't all drip off the lettuce onto the bottom of your bowl. I really think it's good just with the avocado, lemon and water, but you can definitely throw whatever else you want in there and I'm sure it'll turn out great!

It's all about love!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Vegan Mike; 04-14-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Beginner

Nice idea! I usually cut an avocado into little cubes for my little girl, with a sprinkle of lemon juice, salt and garlic powder...I bet she would love it as a dressing to mask any foods that she doesn't like!
#3 Old 04-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Love

Smile

Thanks! I'm sure your daughter will love it! Avocados in every bite!
Jenn2 likes this.

It's all about love!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 Old 04-15-2016, 01:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I am actually thinking of making something similar but blending avocado and a fresh orange for a dressing. I am going to an all raw vegan potluck in May and am thinking of doing this. I am picturing romaine or collard leaf wraps with shredded raw sweet potato, jicama, onion, and avocado dressing.
Jenn2 likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#5 Old 04-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Love

Smile

That's a good idea! I bet it would turn out great! I'll have to try it with an orange, that sounds like it would be tasty! I hope you enjoy the dressing and have fun at the vegan potluck!
Naturebound likes this.

It's all about love!

Tags
avocado , dressing , lemon , salad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page