Citrus Salsa - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-31-2013, 02:46 PM

Anorther original recipe of mine it turned out absolutely fabulous though. And I paired it with some rice, I wouldn't know what else to pair it with so experiment.

You Will need:

-Oranges 

-Lemons

-Fresno peppers [the bold of the red will really give this color, you can choose any other pepper, I just went with this one]

-Sweet Yellow Onion

-Rice Vinegar

-Optional Crushed Red Pepper

-Black Pepper

-Salt

-Olive Oil

Instructions

-Grab a mixing bowl

-Cut your lemons and your oranges and onions and peppers

-Throw them into your mixing bowl

-Drizzle 1/2 tsp twice of olive oil, we just need to bond the rest of the ingredients with it

-Optional step: I added Crushed Red Pepper because my Fresno peppers didn't have a lot of seeds nor a lot of membrane. So I had to stick some in. The reason this works is because citrus enhances the heat of a pepper

-Add Black Pepper

-Pinch of salt 

-Rice Vinegar [do not drown, you just want enough of it to tingle the lips and give this a sweet and sour kind of flavoring]

-Mix until every piece of lemon, orange, and pepper has just a tiny something on it

-Stick in fridge to chill for a good couple hours[usually when you cook it helps bond the flavors. the problem with anything like a salsa is since you're not cooking it, you need to give it some time to sit to absorb all the flavors]

-When ready just pair it with whatever you like, rice, maybe some avacado tacos, etc.

Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

That sounds really good and unique, I've never seen orange in salsa before but I don't know why I haven't it's a great idea! I'm curious how this would be with nachos.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#3 Old 11-01-2013, 07:18 PM

It turned out phenomenal. I loved it so much more I made another batch cause I made so little last time. lol.

I paired it with avacado tacos, it taste divine. I'll post something up for my avacado taco.

I'm starting to feel like I should do a cooking channel for Youtube

#4 Old 03-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulTofood View Post

It turned out phenomenal. I loved it so much more I made another batch cause I made so little last time. lol.

I paired it with avacado tacos, it taste divine. I'll post something up for my avacado taco.

I'm starting to feel like I should do a cooking channel for Youtube

You should! I would watch it, and I'd love to see pics or video of your delicious sounding food. grin.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 07-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

This sounds really delicious, thanks! Bookmarked for warmer weather

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page