No Bake Mango Cheese Cake - Egg less and Gelatin free - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-27-2015, 08:46 PM

No Bake Mango Cheese Cake - Egg less and Gelatin free

This was my first attempt at making Mango cheese cake with agar agar. Since we do not consume gelatin, i always stayed away fro trying out desserts like this, but I have to say I was very happy with the outcome. I used agar agar strands which was a little hard to measure, so next time I will be ordering the agar powder.
Here is the recipe link - http://www.mycookingjourney.com/2013...ake-using.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-27-2015, 11:40 PM
Vegan as f**k

Would work for a vegetarian I guess...

Is there any way of making it vegan at all? Would like to try vegan cheesecake
#3 Old 02-28-2015, 03:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Vegan View Post

For the unsalted butter, you could use vegan margarine or solid coconut oil, For the heavy cream, you could use full fat canned coconut milk or a vegan soy creamer. For the cream cheese, there are several options. You could buy commercial vegan cream cheese, or you can make your own "cream cheese" using either tofu as a base or cashews as a base. In fact right now for breakfast I am having toast with homemade almond cream cheese.

To the OP, agar is a great substitute for gelatin! I use it to make solid almond cheese slices, and have used it to make a vegan version of lemon meringue pie. It is amazing how creative and imaginitive we can be as veggies!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 Old 02-28-2015, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Vegan View Post

YES! and I would like that so much better...
I found that sweetening the firm, aespectic packed tofu, with agave or maple syrup (or rice) and some vanilla extract tastes much like cream cheese. I would think you could use regular soft tofu.

I so agree with Naturebounds suggestion of the coconut milk! I love the combo of mango and coconut
I'd add some crytallised ginger too to top it
#5 Old 03-23-2015, 04:37 AM
chalson

Newbie I like your post and it is so good. One thing to say is that no one goes extra mile these days. Try some more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Tags
agar agar , cheese cake , desserts , egg less , mango

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page