The Best Vegan Gingerbread Man Cookies! - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Happy Veggie

Talking The Best Vegan Gingerbread Man Cookies!

Hello friends!
As a new vegan I was looking around for tradional holiday recipes and after awhile of looking I found the best recipe ever for gingerbread man cookies! I just made these today and my none vegan family pretty much ate them all!
Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies
Makes about 16 cookies (depending on the size of your cutters)

1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup plain soymilk

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour (or a mix of both)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

spice blend:
1/2 teaspoon each ground nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger

Directions
In a large bowl whisk together oil and sugar for about 3 minutes. Add molasses and soymilk. The molasses and soymilk won’t really blend with the oil but that’s ok.

Sift in all of the other dry ingredients, mixing about half way through. When all of the dry ingredients are added, mix until a stiff dough is formed. Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for an hour or up to 3 days in advance. If you chill longer than an hour you may want to let it sit for 10 minutes to warm up a bit before proceeding.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease your cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

On a lightly floured surface roll the dough out to a little less than 1/4 inch thick. Cut out your shapes with your cookie cutters and use a thin spatula to gently place on cookie sheets. If you are using them to decorate a tree or something, remember to punch a hole in their heads (!) before baking. Bake for 8 minutes.

Remove from oven and let them cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet then move to a cooling rack. Wait until they are completely cool before icing.

Icing Recipe:
1 cup Icing Sugar (powered sugar)
a few splashes of Soy Milk
a splash of Vanilla Extract

Mix in a bowel until desired consistency and put in an icing bag and decorate cookies! (icing should dry pretty fast)

Honestly these taste so good you can't even tell that they're vegan! Actually my brother who hates everything vegan loves them and said they're better than store bought cookies! YAY

I DO NOT OWN THIS RECIPE I FOUND IT ONLINE BUT CAN'T FIND THE LINK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-13-2016, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

I love ginger everything! I have a recipe I've worked with from Isa's 'Vegan cookies invade your cookie jar" (or something like that!) that are more like 'snaps' or chewy depending on bake times

I'll have to try these! I wonder if I kept any of my cookie cutters! I hope I have a few of my favorites but no idea where

and cookies never have to be vegan unless offered to vegans. a good cookie is a good cookie!
I've had awful cookies labed vegan so I'm kinda sensitive to that!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 11-13-2016, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

My favorite egg sub for chewy cookies has become chickpea flour (besan). Two tablespoons besan sifted and wisked into two tablespoons water per egg. I used that for chocolate chips and they were my best. No taste after they bake but the raw dough is terrible!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Tags
christmas cookies , cookies , gingerbread man , vegan holiday

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page