Raw Mini Blueberry Cake with Cashew Icing - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Beginner

Morning guys! I love making raw desserts for others (don't get me wrong.. I love partaking in the eating-in-them too!) and I recently made this lovely little cake for my dad as a welcome home present...well, he was gone for three days, but I love any excuse to make things for people.

I had a lot of blueberries that I needed to use so they didn't go bad, so a lot of them went into this. This decorating job is probably the whackiest I've ever done, but since it was for my dad, it's ok that it looks like a 12 year old did it, right? :P

There are very few ingredients in the actual cake part, and you could just make that on its own if you wanted a lighter dish, but I decided to make it decadent and make the cashew icing :B

Cake Ingredients
  • 1 cup of raw Almonds
  • 1 cup of Pitted Dates
  • 1 1/2 cups Fresh Blue Berries
  • 1/2 tsp of both Nutmeg & Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Cashew Icing Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup Raw Cashews (soaked for 2-3 hrs)
  • A little under 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tbs Honey / Thick liquid sweetener (you can also try using some stevia, although I havent tried it with this yet)
  • 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil / Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • A tiny pinch of Sea Salt (I used Himalayan Pink Salt)

If you want to make this, I have the full instructions and more photos here.

It's very light tasting, because most of the cake is made up of blueberry layers, and you don't have to put on as much icing as I did. we probably ate a tiny slice each for 4 days so you really don't need a big slice to be satisfied. That's what I love about most raw desserts. They may be made out of dense ingredients (when using coconut oil and nuts) but I find you only need a small amount, because they are so rich in flavor.

Enough blabbah. Does anyone else like to make raw desserts? I just made some mint chocolate cookies (Raw) last night as another gift so maybe I'll post those if I get to writing down what the frig I put in them... I totally added things as I went along.. I should have a tape recorder next to me so I can say the ingredients and their amounts.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Beginner

don't know if its totally raw as you have to melt the chocolate but i tried making a desert with melted chocolate silken tofu and brambles(black berrys) try it when i've finished my dinner, i got some alpro cream to try so i try both at the same time
#3 Old 07-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Beginner

The raw mint chocolate cookies sound nice. Do you have the recipe of those by any chance : ) ?
#4 Old 07-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Beginner

Actually I see the recipe is on your website. Nice website. : )
#5 Old 07-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

Actually I see the recipe is on your website. Nice website. : )

Oh thank you! hehe I was just about to say that I got around to writing up the recipe and taking pics.. glad you found it!
#6 Old 07-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Beginner

I love choc mint, so I will be giving it a go at some point...
#7 Old 07-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

I love choc mint, so I will be giving it a go at some point...

Sweet! I hope you like them if you do. My non-mint loving mother liked them, so there is hope heh. Can't really go wrong with these.. unless you add wayyy too much peppermint extract. :S
#8 Old 03-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Beginner

Divine.

thegreenmanuals.tumblr.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page