The Vegan Breakfast Ideas Thread - Page 3 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

#61 Old 02-20-2016, 07:21 PM
Semi-lurker

This is going to sound like the oddest thing, but when I was in Spain in 2013 this is what I had for breakfast a few times, and now 99% of the time I have this with my coffee. tostada con tomatoe (sometimes I have it with avocado as well)
Take a demi baguette, slice it in half lengthwise, put it in the oven or toaster oven to toast the bread. Take a roma tomato or two (depending on size) and shred it on a large shred. Put a pinch of mediterranean sea salt and mix in, then drain the juice of the tomato real good. Put the tomato on top of the toasted bread and poke the top with a fork a few times (add avocado here) then drizzle on your best extra virgin olive oil (I use a single variety Spanish olive like Picual or Hojiblanca) and then put a pinch of mediterranean sea salt on top.

Sooo tasty trust me!

This is the picture I took when I was in Spain last:
LedBoots and Beautiful Joe like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Videos, recipes, tips, and techniques.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
This is going to sound like the oddest thing, but when I was in Spain in 2013 this is what I had for breakfast a few times, and now 99% of the time I have this with my coffee. tostada con tomatoe (sometimes I have it with avocado as well)
Take a demi baguette, slice it in half lengthwise, put it in the oven or toaster oven to toast the bread. Take a roma tomato or two (depending on size) and shred it on a large shred. Put a pinch of mediterranean sea salt and mix in, then drain the juice of the tomato real good. Put the tomato on top of the toasted bread and poke the top with a fork a few times (add avocado here) then drizzle on your best extra virgin olive oil (I use a single variety Spanish olive like Picual or Hojiblanca) and then put a pinch of mediterranean sea salt on top.

Sooo tasty trust me!

This is the picture I took when I was in Spain last:
Yum, would eat.
#63 Old 02-21-2016, 07:06 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLou707 View Post
Anyone else do parfaits with cultured coconut milk instead of yogurt? Maybe that's another option. I love me some fruit and a good granola, and although I'm not vegan, I've never been friends with yogurt. I much prefer coconut milk. So Delicious carries a few good vegan "yogurts" from almond or coconut milk. I've used just straight up organic canned coconut milk though.
That's my favourite breakfast, I eat it almost every day
- vanilla coconut yogurt mixed with raspberries or frozen blueberries,
- 1/4 cup of hemp hearts for protein and a ton of other nutrients,
- and lastly a sprinkle of nature's path pumpkin flax granola to add some crunch...yummy!!

Or sometimes I have toast with pumpkin pecan butter instead, if I have it on hand.

EDIT: whoops!, I just noticed you are talking about coconut milk instead of yogurt, I will have to try that too!

Last edited by Jenn2; 02-21-2016 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added the bit about coconut milk

#64 Old 04-04-2016, 04:13 AM

I love tofu scramble. Personally i don't think you can taste much different from tofu and eggs. The breakfast pizza looks amazing!
#65 Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Formerly Sick-Now Healthy

This has a bunch of breakfast ideas. Some quick and some that take about 20 minutes or so. The breakfast tofu scramble and breakfast burrito are on here too. http://blog.eatplant-based.com/categ...es/breakfasts/
LedBoots likes this.

EatPlant-Based.com
#66 Old 04-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Fitness YouTuber

Baked Beans on Toast!! Mmmmm :P

Check out the YouTube Fitness Channel for Recipes, Training and Lifestyle Content!!

#67 Old 04-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriNC View Post
This has a bunch of breakfast ideas. Some quick and some that take about 20 minutes or so. The breakfast tofu scramble and breakfast burrito are on here too. http://blog.eatplant-based.com/categ...es/breakfasts/
Oh that all looks great!
#68 Old 04-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
One thing I've been wanting to try for awhile is breakfast pizza:

http://www.thatwasvegan.com/2013/01/21/breakfast-pizza/

It may not be the healthiest option but man oh man... It's full of protein at least.
I posted this two years ago and I still haven't tried it yet... But it looks so amazing!

This weekend I need to finally do it!
Naturebound likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#69 Old 04-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

I had some of a lentil/quinoa/oats/walnut loaf leftover, and found a couple frozen hash brown potato patties in the freezer. I chopped up the hash brown and pan fried it with the crumbled loaf. Sooooo good!
Naturebound likes this.
#70 Old 04-09-2016, 04:41 AM
Vegan since February 2011

Made some crockpot millet, almond milk, and unsweetened shredded coconut. I am munching on it now. Creamy and delicious!
Spudulika likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#71 Old 11-10-2016, 07:40 AM
honeyandcardamom

I find flax eggs work well as a binder. I've never tried it with potato pancakes, but I think it would work. (In case you haven't made flax eggs yet, the easiest way is to comine 1 part ground flax to 3 parts warm water. I'd say 1 tbsp ground flax and 3 tbsp water would be about right for most recipes, including potato pancakes).

Another thing that would probably work well in potato pancakes is arrowroot powder. It works a lot like cornstarch, but is a good alternative if you want to avoid too much corn products in your diet. I use it whisked into almond milk to create a french toast coating that binds to bread, so I am sure it would work well with potato pancakes!

If anyone is interested, I have a breakfast section of recipes on my blog, honeyandcardamom.com
#72 Old 11-12-2016, 08:27 AM
Peace

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but one of my favourites at the moment is vegan oatmeal with soy milk and home made apple cinammon compote. So comforting in winter
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#73 Old 11-13-2016, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

I'm extremely lazy in the morning and I've always had trouble with eating breakfast but I've discovered that keeping a box of medjool dates at work has completely solved that problem! Even if I'm not hungry it's easy enough to still eat at least a few of them and they are so nutrient dense they keep me full until lunch. Plus they taste like candy, that's a bonus.
Sidhuriel likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#74 Old 11-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Plant Powered

This may sound like a really weird question but - is there any way to make oatmeal without cooking it? I really really hate the texture of cooked oatmeal, how it gets all thick and sticky, but I like oats in granola or cold cereal... could I maybe soak it overnight in some plant milk, and get sort of an in between thing?
#75 Old 11-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symondezyn View Post
This may sound like a really weird question but - is there any way to make oatmeal without cooking it? I really really hate the texture of cooked oatmeal, how it gets all thick and sticky, but I like oats in granola or cold cereal... could I maybe soak it overnight in some plant milk, and get sort of an in between thing?
I have the same issue! I tried overnight oats because I thought it might be a good alternative but I still found it way too mushy the next day. However making the recipe for overnight oats and then just eating it right away is delicious, there's no rule that says you can't.
Symondezyn likes this.

#76 Old 11-16-2016, 09:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Half a can a refried beans, heated, and a sesame seed bagel, toasted, with vegan cream cheese. Savory, and 23 grams protein. A good way to start the day.
#77 Old 11-18-2016, 05:52 PM
Plant Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I have the same issue! I tried overnight oats because I thought it might be a good alternative but I still found it way too mushy the next day. However making the recipe for overnight oats and then just eating it right away is delicious, there's no rule that says you can't.
AHA! Good idea, I will try that, thanks!
#78 Old 01-05-2017, 01:13 PM

Lightbulb

I tend to have fruit for breakfast. Or banana with peanut or almond butter.
Sometimes bags of crunchy dried buckwheat sprouts are available. Or if you sprout your own and freeze them they go crunchy. Pour coconut juice (coconut water) on. Add a few chopped strawberries or something. Really nice. Especially if you add a bit of vanilla powder. Though some coconut juice is better than others. Or chia pudding with coconut juice.
Or porridge cooked with almond butter in.
Or cake.
Breakfast doesn't have to be things traditionally thought of as morning foods!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page