• 2 Post By kari_lynn222

#1 Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 AM

Ingredients:
1/3 cup plain/regular rolled oats
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons chia seeds
½ of a ripe banana, peeled and mashed
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions: Mix together the above ingredients in a bowl and place in fridge overnight.

I made this last night and it was sooo delicious this morning! It only took 2 mins to throw together and put in fridge, (much better than boiling them on the stove!) and it was great! I also added about a tsp of cocoa powder this morning because I love chocolate-banana flavor, but you could do other mix-in ideas like almond butter & pure maple syrup etc. Also you could leave out the banana and/or chia seeds if you’d like or if you don’t have them on hand and just use the almond milk. This recipe is very versatile!!

-Kari, Minnesota mommy, wife and vegetarian. treatyourbodyright.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you soooo much for this recipe! I made it last night and just had it a little bit ago. It is really yummy! I didn't have chia seeds and I also only had vanilla soy milk so I used that. I added a little bit of peanut butter because I love it with banana. But next time I'm going to use your chocolate idea. I need to get some chia seeds now. I hear they are very good for you.

Sarah
#3 Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydoll View Post

Thank you soooo much for this recipe! I made it last night and just had it a little bit ago. It is really yummy! I didn't have chia seeds and I also only had vanilla soy milk so I used that. I added a little bit of peanut butter because I love it with banana. But next time I'm going to use your chocolate idea. I need to get some chia seeds now. I hear they are very good for you.

Yay! So glad you liked it!! And yes Chia seeds are very good for you and work well in this recipe! Enjoy

#4 Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 AM

Looks tasty gonna try this recipe for my midnight snack
#5 Old 10-23-2010, 03:52 AM
Beanitarian

I like steel cut oats made with water too, or a splash of juice.

Beanitarian.
#6 Old 12-13-2010, 07:04 PM

I always use that coconut yogurt for my overnight oats
I’ve recently developed an addiction to soy yogurt as well – are you not a fan of soy?
Also, how was the muesli/ how did the texture differ from regular oats? I’ve been dying to try Udi’s but I have way too many oats that I need to eat my way through first.
indian restaurants singapore
#7 Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari_lynn222 View Post

Yay! So glad you liked it!! And yes Chia seeds are very good for you and work well in this recipe! Enjoy

how would you describe the taste of chia seeds? i've never had them to my knowledge.
#8 Old 12-14-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

how would you describe the taste of chia seeds? i've never had them to my knowledge.

Honestly I don't think they have a taste. They do add texture (somewhat like poppy seeds but with a thin gel-like coating around each one) but really, they are not very noticeable in a recipe. I just use them for their nutritional benefits.

#9 Old 01-16-2011, 11:16 AM

My new years resolution was to eat more breakfast this year. I think having something like this in the fridge ready for breakfast will help. Thanks

Also, do you think I can make enough for a couple of days and just keep it in the fridge?
#10 Old 01-16-2011, 11:37 AM

I've never done this before, am definitely gonna try it. Sounds really good.
#11 Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleythegreate View Post

Also, do you think I can make enough for a couple of days and just keep it in the fridge?

Yep, I have done this before. Just be careful though because it's tempting to eat the whole batch/bowl

#12 Old 01-18-2011, 08:00 PM

Just put two servings in the fridge for tomorrow. Very excited! I didn't have a banana (all the ones at the store were green as could be) so I just used my almond milk. I also added ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick that i broke up and put in the mix. It smells pretty cinnamony!
#13 Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 PM

I just made a bowlful! Can't wait for the morning!

ÂAn animalÂs eyes have the power to speak a great language.Â
ÂMartin Buber
#14 Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 AM

I use the same recipe except I add cinnamon and then when i'm ready to serve I add a tbsp of peanut butter. Delicious.
#15 Old 07-12-2011, 06:33 AM

Delicious! We've been having oats a lot lately (cold mornings here at the moment!) and I have recently rediscovered my love of chia seeds so have been adding them too. The other day I made a chia blueberry pudding with some dates, macadamia nuts, agave, and cinnamon and added that to the oats. Big success! I must say that I love the peanut butter idea too, might give it a go sometime...
#16 Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 AM

Thank you so much for this recipe.it's seem delicious ymmm smiley.gif

#17 Old 11-06-2013, 06:44 AM

So glad I found this, I plan on trying tonight/tomorrow morning. I definitely need some good breakfast ideas that aren't: take protein bar and eat it when I get to work.

#18 Old 02-13-2015, 10:39 AM
just add raisins

Not sure if this is the latest thread, but I'm hoping others will chime in with more ideas as I'm on an overnight oats revival kick at the moment.

This morning I had overnight oats made from rolled oats, dried sour cherries, almonds, flax seeds, rice and coconut milk, cherry syrup and cocoa powder. I usually do some variation on dried fruit (sultanas, apricots or cherries), nuts (usually almonds, sometimes walnuts, occasionally hazel) and sometimes add-ins like a sprinkling of coconut flakes or a spoonful of jam, peanut butter, chocolate chips or cocoa powder. Is there anything awesome I'm missing?
#19 Old 04-20-2015, 04:23 PM

Sounds perfect!
#20 Old 06-23-2016, 01:03 AM

This is such an awesome breakfast! I make this almost every day. :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page