Medicinal Mushrooms in Smoothies for Anti-aging etc .. - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By Auxin

#1 Old 06-21-2016, 09:58 AM

Smile Medicinal Mushrooms in Smoothies for Anti-aging etc ..

Hi I am Scott and I add medicinal mushrooms to my smoothies for anti-aging benefits (and weight loss & pain reduction)  is it appropriate to list the ones I use here?
For Anti-aging I add 2 capsules of these:
Chaga
Reishi
Cordyceps
Maitake
Agaricas Blazei
****ake
and Turkey Tale
Medicinal mushrooms provide natures "deep intelligence" for the body ..
namaste'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothieKing View Post
Hi I am Scott and I add medicinal mushrooms to my smoothies for anti-aging benefits (and weight loss & pain reduction) is it appropriate to list the ones I use here?
Chaga
Reishi
Cordyceps
Maitake
Agaricas Blazei
****ake
and Turkey Tale
namaste'

Expensive!! Chaga mushrooms are $30 for one-half pound: http://www.optimallyorganic.com/chag...FReUfgodJNANKA

Your claims are exaggerated (i.e. mushrooms provide "deep intelligence")

_________
"A human being in perfection ought always to preserve a calm and peaceful mind, and never to allow passion or a transitory desire to disturb his tranquility. If no man allowed any pursuit whatsoever to interfere with the tranquility of his domestic affections, Greece had not been enslaved; Caesar would have spared his country; America would have been discovered more gradually; and the empires of Mexico and Peru had not been destroyed"

From Frankenstein. Publication year: 1818
#3 Old 06-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Oryzatarian

I think you spelled shiitake wrong

#4 Old 06-21-2016, 03:16 PM
Veggie Regular

This is true. I eat mushrooms very often and I am now 12 years old instead of 23. I even had to go back to middle school.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Last edited by jessandreia; 06-21-2016 at 03:19 PM.
#5 Old 06-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothieKing View Post
Hi I am Scott and I add medicinal mushrooms to my smoothies for anti-aging benefits (and weight loss & pain reduction)  is it appropriate to list the ones I use here?
Chaga
Reishi
Cordyceps
Maitake
Agaricas Blazei
****ake
and Turkey Tale
namaste'
Hi and welcome Sure, listing your mushrooms here is fine. Sounds like an interesting smoothie, what else do you add besides the shrooms?
#6 Old 06-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
I think you spelled shiitake wrong
On another vegan forum, they change swear words to veganish items. S*** becomes shi take, f*** becomes "fork" etc. Pretty funny imo.
Naturebound and Symondezyn like this.
#7 Old 06-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Vegan since February 2011

Can I ask where you get your mushrooms? I see all these fancy mushrooms listed on various websites, but never seem to find them anywhere in stores, except the shiitakes. However, last year my partner and I went canoe camping in a wilderness area and he must have photographed hundreds of different species of mushrooms growing in a low lying area full of moss and cedars. Of course we didn't know enough about them to know which ones were poisonous and not so didn't touch them.

I love mushrooms!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 Old 06-22-2016, 02:14 AM
Oryzatarian

To find medicinal mushrooms in whole form you pretty much have to go to chinese or japanese markets. Even they will have a fairly limited selection, usually, and some like genuine Cordyceps will be very expensive. Expect nearly all to be dried.
Most supplement-style mushroom pills are made from cultured mycelium rather than mushrooms. Most scientific studies that show effectiveness for a given mushroom will use the real mushroom instead, as they are usually much stronger [and, obviously, the traditional form].

Other than shiitake, the most common medicinal mushroom found in common markets would be the oyster mushroom. They are more immunostimulant and anti-cancer than the white button mushroom and they contain a heafty dose of the statin drug lovastatin.

As far as the OPs smoothie. I'm wary of mixing powerful medicines almost at random for poorly defined and essentially unmeasurable goals.
And if the quantity of reishi is enough to be pharmacologically active, it would be a horrible smoothie
Naturebound likes this.
#9 Old 01-12-2017, 07:31 PM

A Chaga Smoothie for You:
Ingredients:
2 cups Almond Milk or Nut Milk
½ c. frozen cherries
½ c. frozen blueberries
2 c. organic baby kale
1 tsp chaga
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp coconut oil
Blend them toghther and enjoy it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page