VeggieBoards banner

What is your favourite tea?

9K views 70 replies 49 participants last post by  AngelaKe 
#1 ·
I used to drink green tea, which wasn't that nice at first but I liked it after a while, but I ran out a couple of months or so ago and have been drinking black tea since which I quite like. I've never really had a tea that was really great though.
I don't really like the idea of fruity teas but I'm interested in herbal teas, especially those with health benefits (I like food science).
I wouldn't really want to be telling my mates, if they bothered asking, "It's strawberry and vanilla tea.." Great. Fantastic.

I live in the UK so tea which can be bought from supermarkets or Holland and Barrett's would be great thanks.
Holland and Barrett's sell a tea that costs £40 a box..
(And no milk teas of course.)

#3 ·
I only like green if it's properly brewed- which is rare for me!

I do love Rooibos! It's redbush tea from South Africa, usually called red tea. Mild taste that I would say has the most "tea" like flavor from a teasan. Different brands do taste somewhat differently. I get Davidson organic from amazon. Quite cheap, not the strongest, but it can brew a long time.

I also like the chai varieties of it.

I don't care for fruity teas either, except for the mango flavors. Hibiscus is good for iced tea.

Yogi teas are great! l love the Breathe Right for cold season.

Holy Basil- got a big bag of it loose. Has a mild minty taste. Supposed to be good for something- mood I think. It tastes really nice.

#15 ·
I do love Rooibos! It's redbush tea from South Africa, usually called red tea. Mild taste that I would say has the most "tea" like flavor from a teasan. Different brands do taste somewhat differently. I get Davidson organic from amazon. Quite cheap, not the strongest, but it can brew a long time.
I also like the chai varieties of it.
One of my favorites also, and I too get it from Amazon!

There's a store down the road that sells a mint/roobis which is very nice, as well as a number of chai roobis.

#5 ·
i generally take obscure teas from obscure parts of china that i get from obscure tea shops in obscure back streets.

Dunno the names, it's all written in chinese.

#7 ·
I used to drink green tea and black tea, both of which are OK, but I prefer chamomile tea. Sleepytime is my favorite. I have a blueberry rooibos tea that is alright on occasion, and also a mix of chai tea and white tea. Chai tea is also really good just on its own. The rooibos and chai/white tea I have is loose leaf so it's super expensive and fancy. I got them both from Teavana and they have a million different kinds of loose leaf teas so there has to be a tea out there for everyone, and they have always offered free samples of tea at the locations I've been to.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Green View Post

Great suggestions thanks!
I really like lemons and the holy basil sounds really nice too.
Is Yogi a brand?
What do you do with loose tea that's different to bagged tea?
Yogi is a brand:

http://www.yogiproducts.com/

So many blends! They have blends specific for ailments that really do help, as well as taste great. Good ethical company too.

Loose tea-- you need a tea ball or some kind of filter. Problem with that is sometimes you get stuff come through. My holy basil is loose and I get lots of sediment.I also use a press for it if I want to brew a lot, but that's a pain to clean out. I wish I'd have gotten bags.

#12 ·
Lemon and ginger.

By milk tea, I guess (s)he's talking about putting milk on tea.

#16 ·
Chinese Gunpowder Green tea is one of my standards. I also really love this oolong variety called Tie Guan Yin, also called "Iron Goddess" tea.

I am lucky enough to have a really good tea shop nearby that sells a large variety of loose-leaf tea. I get all my tea from there and don't use bags anymore.

#19 ·
I have a rosehip and hibiscus tea I find at a discount store, it's even organic. It is refreshing. I often combine it with rooibos for iced tea.
I love it hot with almond milk, but it does curdle a kinda nasty pink!

#23 ·
I like regular tea, such as Lipton or Red Rose, but I like herb teas better. I've tried and liked chamomile, catnip, peppermint, and lemon balm.

Catnip is my favorite; it tastes like something between mint and oregano, which sounds weird, but I like it. My cats preferred the leaves; I thought they would go nuts for the tea, at least after it cooled a bit, but I guess the part they really like gets destroyed by heat.

Peppermint tastes like peppermint; chamomile has a mild lemony taste; and the lemon balm was something I tried to brew myself- our community garden has lots of it and I picked some to experiment. I might have picked it at the wrong time, when the flavor wasn't at its best.

Reactions: mackiesgirl
#25 ·
I've gotten myself off coffee and now am sorta enjoying matcha in the morning. I don't care much for the taste, but it does keep me from crashing in the later morning.

Ive come to like earl grey which seems to help with digestion

#27 ·
I drink herbal iced "tea" every day. (I put that in quotes because I've been scolded that they are not real tea.)

I love a lemongrass over ice. I find I do have to brew it hot first.

All others, I just plop the teabag into cold water and it brews itself in a few minutes. My favorites are sarsaparilla, hibiscus, mango hibiscus and gingerbread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.