Amazing elderflower cocktail! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-19-2012, 01:36 PM

I came across this suggestion in a recipe book that randomly appeared in our kitchen a few weeks ago. Happened to have some cordial so I tried it out and it was AMAZING! A perfect summery drink to make up in a big jug and have at a BBQ or in the garden on a sunny afternoon!

Ingredients (for 1 glass - multiply if you're making a jug!):
a few mint leaves
lime wedge
few brown sugar cubes
apple juice
elderflower cordial
lots of ice

How to:
Bash the ice until it's in small pieces the drink ends up half way between a drink and a slushy to give you an idea how much ice you need! I found it best to double up plastic sandwich bags, dump the ice in and bash with the end of a rolling pin!

Put the sugar cubes, mint leaves and lime wedge in the bottom of your jug or glass and bash these up a bit too. The juice from the lime should soften the cubes a little bit.

Fill the glass or jug with the crushed ice and pour apple juice over. The recipe said to use 50/50 apple juice and neat cordial but I found a 90/10 ratio was better - the cordial wasn't cheap and I didn't think the extra added to the taste at all! So! 90% fill the glass/jug with the apple juice and then top up with the cordial. Give it a stir to mix everything together and enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 PM

Elderflower cordial is one of my favourite drinks.
#3 Old 03-19-2012, 01:47 PM

Before trying this recipe I'd only ever had elderflower presse in cafes! Definitely going to have to get another bottle next time I go shopping! =)
#4 Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM

Yum! :)

Quote:
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars. ╰☆╮

#5 Old 08-26-2014, 12:27 AM
Banned

Made to Mary Manners’ family recipe, from an infusion of freshly picked elderflowers and lots of fresh lemon juice, this has a delicate taste and makes a wonderfully refreshing drink when mixed with still or sparkling mineral water.
Belvoir Elderflower Cordial makes sensational spritzers with white wine and sparkling water, or add a dash to enliven a gin or vodka and tonic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page