Red Pepper Hummus - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ocrob37

#1 Old 05-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Red Pepper Hummus

Hi All,

I came across this recipe on the internet and made it yesterday. It is so good. I did make a couple of changes. I only used 3 Tablespoons of Tahini because my can of beans was a little smaller for some reason. I used 3 Tablespoons of water instead of bean juice. I am guessing the bean juice would be amazing but did not want to mess up my stomach. I did not have Parsley and used Corriander instead. I also used Roasted Red Peppers from a jar because I have never actually roasted them myself. I am sure that will be something I try soon.

http://sweetsimplevegan.com/2015/10/...pepper-hummus/
Veggietorials likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

I was thinking of starting another hummus since getting an amazingly good pineapple-jalepano hummus from Aldi!
Combo of heat with sweet is a favorite of mine, and since it's an Aldi special, I'll have to make my own when it's gone.

I know to roast peppers you lay them right on the gas oven flame, then when they're all charred put them in a closed bag and the skin is supposed to slide right off. I tried that and it was a mess! Even rinsing when taking off the peel was messy. I came across a tip that sounded perfect, but now I can't find it. Any one have a better method of taking off the char? For eggplants too!
#3 Old 05-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

The link I provided gives instructions. It seems like it would work well. I am a little lazy when it comes to that stuff. I do mostly try to steam my own beets because the prepackaged ones are very expensive and small.

#4 Old 05-15-2016, 06:39 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
I was thinking of starting another hummus since getting an amazingly good pineapple-jalepano hummus from Aldi!
Combo of heat with sweet is a favorite of mine, and since it's an Aldi special, I'll have to make my own when it's gone.

I know to roast peppers you lay them right on the gas oven flame, then when they're all charred put them in a closed bag and the skin is supposed to slide right off. I tried that and it was a mess! Even rinsing when taking off the peel was messy. I came across a tip that sounded perfect, but now I can't find it. Any one have a better method of taking off the char? For eggplants too!
I put them under a broiler rack, then put them in a mixing bowl with plastic wrap over it to steam in their own juices for 15 minutes. It's still a bit messy but if you charred them properly the skins really will slide right off. I've found that the rack needs to be 1 down from the top in my specific oven or they char a little too quickly...

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page