• 1 Post By silva
  • 3 Post By Becclestim
  • 1 Post By TerriNC
  • 1 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By honeyandcardamom

#1 Old 12-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Formerly Sick-Now Healthy

Loaded Vegan Potato Skin Bites

I was told this is one of my BEST recipes ever! I came up with them for three different Christmas functions last week, and they were a huge success. Omnis told me they were the best thing on a table full of non-vegan foods, and my nephews home from college said they would go vegan if everything tasted this good. FOR THE WIN!

http://blog.eatplant-based.com/recip...to-skin-bites/

EatPlant-Based.com

Last edited by TerriNC; 12-28-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

That sounds fabulous!
I realized your recipe for tofu mayo is my recipe for tofu sour cream! With extra firm silken tofu
I've been making spinach dip with tofu and onion dip mix and putting that on potatoes (and everything else) Gotta try your cheez.

Have you ever tried using raw sunflower seeds instead of cashews?
#3 Old 12-28-2015, 02:43 PM

Silva, I haven't tried sunflower seeds, but that does sound fabulous to me. The flavor would have to be amazing and definitely a little different than the cashews. I might just have to give that a try!

EatPlant-Based.com

#4 Old 12-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

I just made the cheeze sauce, simmered the seeds with the veggies so they'd blend easily.
I did not like it. Well, I liked it, just don't know what to put it on. Noodles or veggies don't seem right. The sunflower seed taste was very pronounced, and so were the potatoes!
I added sriracha and more nooch and I like the taste, but it tastes like tato! Like if you wizzed a bag of cheese flavored potato chips!
I'd been wanting to try this after seeing so many similar recipes. Now I know!

I know what I'd like this on! Shepards pie topping! Perfect!

You know, I think I'd like the potato skins with the cheeze topping replaced with beans and cayenne pepper. Just me
#5 Old 07-19-2016, 10:39 PM

These recipes are great, but also the photography is amazing. This ought to be put together into one amazing book!
LedBoots, David3 and TerriNC like this.
#6 Old 07-20-2016, 04:39 AM

Thanks, Becclestim! Crazy as it sounds, I take these pictures with my cell phone.
Naturebound likes this.

EatPlant-Based.com
#7 Old 11-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

That looks so good...
TerriNC likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#8 Old 11-13-2016, 06:21 PM
honeyandcardamom

I just signed up to follow your blog! These look fantastic and I can't wait to try them! I have got a lot of skeptical feedback after telling my family that I am now vegan, nobody knows what to do with me at Christmas this year lol. I promised to bring my own food since it seems totally out of their comfort zone to cook vegan. I have a secret little plan to show them how delicious vegan food can be in the hopes they might give me a little less grief next year hehe. I think these potato skins will have to be on my list of yummy treats to share with them!!!

As a fellow blogger, maybe I can entice you to check out my blog as well! Only if you want to I'm at honeyandcardamom.com.
TerriNC likes this.
#9 Old 11-15-2016, 08:46 AM

Honeyandcardamom, I love your idea to entice your family with new, healthy creations this holiday season. That's exactly what worked for me with my family. I hope it's a great success!

Love your blog! Beautiful pictures and design. Quite impressive!

EatPlant-Based.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page