Does someone has a good recipe for veggie tamales? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-29-2016, 02:33 PM
the Cook

Does someone has a good recipe for veggie tamales?

Hi guys, I have been a little busy, but I will like to tell you about yesterday.

We attend to this dinner with some veggie friends, and of the invitees ask me if I have ever made veggie tamales, so, it let myself thinking of which could be the best recipe, other than corn tamales.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't, but I've been thinking about it! I bought a bag of corn flour and there's not a lot I want to do with it.

I love Trader Joes soy chorizo. Its flaky textured and taco seasoned. You could also use red lentils with seasoning, maybe add some finely minced walnuts for texture. Some people may like tofu that's been frozen and dethawed for the texture, but I never it that way.

I'd love to know if anyones made these! I looked the recipe and got hits for just corn flour mixed with pureed corn and steamed.

I do a lot of tamale pies in a cast iron -- chili beans, onion, pepper, corn, salsa with corn bread batter on top
#3 Old 06-30-2016, 03:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I love tamales so much but haven't had them in years. I tried making then several times but they weren't very good. I have a neighbor from Guatamala who makes the best tamales I've ever had and I mine didn't even come close, even though she showed me how to do it.

So I did a search and this is appealing to me bi would like to try the black bean and corn filling. My problem is always the masa dough...it comes out too hard.

http://the-salty-tomato.com/2014/05/...ss-monday.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page