School Lunches!!! - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-02-2015, 04:55 PM

School Lunches!!!

I am still in high school and I pack my lunches because my high school has no vegan or even vegetarian meals. I needed some ideas on what to pack in a school lunch for myself. I am very picky so it is very hard for me to pack vegan sometimes. I don't like salads (because of the lettuce) and I don't like most veggies. I would live the help with new ideas. Please and Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Beginner

What about a grain salad? Here's a nice one that doesn't have to be refrigerated:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/d...es-recipe.html

Do you like any veggies at all? How about baby spinach? Red bell peppers? Baby carrots? I like to make wraps with a tortilla spread with hummus and either bell pepper, lettuce, or spinach inside. Or you could just dip baby carrots or pita chips in hummus, too.

Do you like most fruits? Fruit salad with a squeeze of lime would make a nice lunch, but as a high schooler you probably need more calories than that. You could take a fruit salad and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. What kinds of things have you been eating so far? That could help us make some suggestions.

Here's an old thread on the same topic, if it helps:

Packing school lunches?
#3 Old 12-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

I make this a LOT-
super cheap, easy and very very versitle

one cup red lentils
simmer in 2 cups water for 15-20 minutes till soft.
turn off heat and stir in 12 cup cracked wheat (bulgar)
Refrigerate, it'll be like a pate, or spread
Season however you like, as needed.

You can take a ball of it and form into a patty or a log. On bread, pita, or hot dog bun. Add pickles, ketchup ,mayo, mustard, onions

this can also be stirred into broth for a heartier soup with veggies.
use breadcrumbs to coat and sautee

#4 Old 12-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Ankle Biter

Peanut butter and banana with vegan mayo; PB & J; hummus and pita chips and an apple; bean burrito (tortilla with refried beans, salsa, & vegan cheese if you like); pasta salad with or without veggies towed with olive oil and salt & pepper; pasta with sesame oil, hot red pepper flakes and peanuts; Tofurky sandwich; Light life "ham" sandwich; eggless egg salad sandwich or wrap; "sausage" biscuits; Almond butter on crackers; red beans & rice; quinoa/couscous salads with veggies you like and vinaigrette; nuts & dried fruit — just to name a few

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#5 Old 12-02-2015, 06:33 PM

For Veggies I tendo to like corn, carrots, things of that nature. Surprisingly I have never tried any of the leafy greens really. I have always been kind of scared to just because I have never liked lettuce.

I like pretty much any fruit, so those are always options.

As for things I really like are rice, sandwiches, raspberries (any kind of berry) , trail-mix like stuff, and many breaded stuff. Those are just some

Thank you for all the help so far. This helps so much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page