My new Vegan recipe blog - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-15-2011, 06:02 AM

Hi everybody! I've been a vegetarian for about 3 years now and a vegan for about 1 year. While my wife loved the idea of going vegetarian, she initially wasn't too keen on going vegan. Her biggest complaint when I found new recipes was that they were always rather strange. We bought a few books and while we liked many of recipes, it was always hard to pick them because they would involve ingredients and processes that the average North American isn't accustomed to. So, naturally, I started making my own recipes! My goal is to make foods that your average carnivore will instantly recognize and won't be afraid to try it.

I get lots of positive feedback from friends, some people not even believing that there's no meat and I just want to spread how easy vegan cooking can be. The blog is brand new, but I have many recipes down the pipeline. Your feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!

(link removed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to Veggie Boards - another food blogger - that's good, there are lots of us here!

I have bookmarked your sauerkraut perogies recipe - I first tried perogies (boiled) in Warsaw a few months ago - sauerkraut and mushroom, and would like to try and replicate them. I did try a few weeks ago, filling them with potato and nutritional yeast: the filling was lovely, but the pastry was too thick. I'll have another go now I've got this recipe! Thanks!
#3 Old 04-15-2011, 05:49 PM

Thanks for bookmarking. The key to pierogies is to roll the dough super thin. It should be almost transparent, roll until you think that it's too thin!

#4 Old 04-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mettleramiel View Post

Thanks for bookmarking. The key to pierogies is to roll the dough super thin. It should be almost transparent, roll until you think that it's too thin!

That's definitely where I was going wrong - not rolling the dough thin enough. When it's that thin though, how do you stop it from ripping? (Perhaps I am too heavy handed with it!)
#5 Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 AM

you may be over-stuffing them. It always seems to me like there should be more inside, but you should only have no more than 1TBS of filling.
#6 Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the advice. I'll have another go when I get a chance!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page