How do you make fritters really crisp and stay crisp? - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned

Hi everyone,

We have a vegetarian restaurant here called Govinda's and I highly recommend if you're ever in Sydney. The meal is a set price per head and it's an all you can buffet of delicious healthy things (and they have a movie room upstairs with cushions and lounges so do the dinner+movie thing if you can).

One of their delicious things is a cauliflower fritter. They are golden brown and crispy and they are out on the buffet table but they stay crispy. I wouldn't say they were ever there for very long, fresh batches are always coming and turn over is quick, but they definitely stay crispier for longer than anything I've ever fried.

Is there a magic temperature or method or flour?

billie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Beginner

Wow for the movie room , would love to have a visit of the room .
What is there menu , what is there specialty ?
I am a big fan of Italian food though !!!
#3 Old 02-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Beginner

Sorry, can't answer your question. But, next time you go, you can ask someone who works there. I'm sure someone will tell you.

Just wanted to comment that, that's pretty cool and I wish the US would have restaurants like that!
#4 Old 04-17-2011, 05:51 AM
Beginner

How long do you want them to stay crispy for? I find that when I deep fry anything, it will stay crispy for about an hour, depending on how much you fry it. The longer, the crispier. They also keep the stuff heated, though, if it's a buffet, so that helps

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page