Amazing curry type dish - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-03-2011, 05:41 PM

• 1/2 eggplant, skinned chopped (I eat the seeds, but you can de-seed if desired)
  • 2 zucchinis, skinned chopped
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • handful cremini mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped de-seeded (or red, or green, I like yellow peppers in curries though)
  • handful of chopped scallions
  • 1 cup dry white rice (brown is good too)
  • 2-3 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
  • Sriracha sauce
  • 1 tsp curry yellow curry powder
  • salt to taste

Start rice according to package directions.

Take onions and peppers and toss them in a heated pan or wok with a bit of oil, or whatever fat you prefer, salt to taste, and stir fry for a few minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the rest of the veggies, salt, then cover. Cook until zucchini is soft when speared with a fork.

Add veggies to prepared rice and combine. Next, add Red Curry paste, curry powder, then add sriracha sauce to taste. You can put it back on the heat if you want to let the flavors sit a bit longer, but I normally eat it straight out of the pan.

This will make about 4-5 large servings. I think next time I'll add some coconut milk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned

Just want to remind everyone that Thai curry pastes often contain fish so watch out!
#3 Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 AM

I'll list the brand I use later on, it is fish free! I ran out, and I can't remember off the top of my head the name on the label.

#4 Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 AM

This brand is great (green or red) http://www.thaikitchen.com/Products/...rry-Paste.aspx

I LOVE your avatar, What!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#5 Old 01-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

This brand is great (green or red) http://www.thaikitchen.com/Products/...rry-Paste.aspx

I've been thinking about picking this up, glad to hear it's good. I'll have to check it out!

Quote:

Agreed!!
#6 Old 01-04-2011, 09:42 AM

Addie, I LOVE the red and green curry paste by Thai Kitchen. It's the only pre-made one I use! Sometimes I just can't make it all from scratch. I add way more than they suggest to make curries, and also add fresh ginger, lemongrass, garlic, shallot, lime juice, cilantro, coconut milk and nutritional yeast. With those ingredients and any veggies you like and chickpeas or tofu or seitan, you are set!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#7 Old 01-04-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:

That is indeed the brand I use! I just stocked up on the red and green today. Haven't tried the green yet, but I'm excited to try it out!

Thanks for the avatar love! I was Rosie for Halloween. Only 1 person guessed right, mostly everyone thought I was a gardener. Harumph.
#8 Old 01-04-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddieB View Post

I've been thinking about picking this up, glad to hear it's good. I'll have to check it out!

Agreed!!

Thank you!!
#9 Old 01-04-2011, 04:06 PM

Love the thai kitchen curries!! Like Ahimsa I always add way more then they suggest ..especially the green one.
#10 Old 01-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

I've seen Thai kitchen in so many discount stores, I'm really glad to know so many like it!
I've only used powdered curry with added ginger and coconut milk. Definitly will try this!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#11 Old 01-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Glad to hear the reviews of Thai Kitchen are good. One reason I never picked any up was because I just figured store bought in a jar wouldn't be to good. Looks like I'll add it to my grocery list!
#12 Old 03-02-2011, 04:21 AM
The prowling wolf

Thai kitchen is wonderful

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#13 Old 04-17-2011, 05:53 AM

Curry goes great with everything! I buy curry powder, cumin and garam masala by the 500g bags!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page