Pregnancy Break Out.. natural remedies? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 AM

Okay so following another posters blackhead thread (hehe it rhymes).. I find I'm breaking out more and more especially now that I'm pregnant. I thought this stuff was supposed to go away with age! I don't want to use any chemically products because I'm trying to "raise baby green" and everything that is absorbed into our skin can affect the baby.

"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, think, and speak as you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-04-2010, 03:55 PM

you are not supposed to use those anyways as most doctors will tell you. i find that witch hazel helps you can find it in almost any store and you just rub it over your face daily it doesnt smell the best but it definately helps
#3 Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 PM

Zinc oxide, the same sort of stuff you find in diaper rash cream, is really the very best stuff you can use on pimples. It's also what clown white makeup used to be made of, (maybe it still is), and my grampa, who was a circus clown, said clowns always had the best complexions he'd ever seen. Just find a water based ointment, without petroleum or fish oil in it. It is very white of course, but putting it on and leaving it for at least 20 minutes a day will clear up breakouts faster than anything else.

Tea tree oil is also good, but you should ask your doctor, since it is a potent essential oil that is not recommended for use on infants, so might not be safe for your baby while you are pregnant.

www.thesaucyvegan.com

#4 Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
following another posters blackhead thread (hehe it rhymes).. I find I'm breaking out more and more especially now that I'm pregnant

Are you breaking out with blackheads or are you symptoms more like eczema?
If it's the latter, then I recommend looking into the TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) concept of 'blood' or 'liver yin'. Gui Pi Wan is an herbal blend that helped my gf with a similar issue,... she wasn't pregers though. Also be careful of herbs coming from china (or anywhere), Ive heard that they can contain industrial contaminates.

Best of luck.

For the best, healthiest, cheapest and most delicious vegetarian recipes on the web, check out The Cheap Vegetarian @ www.thecheapvegetarian.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page