Hot Food vs. Cold Food? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Beginner

It just occured to me that while I am at school, I never eat hot food. In the morning, I eat cereal or bagel, then I eat a large salad and fruit. Maybe I'll eat some granola bars, cold beans + chick peas, soymilk, cold oatmeal, farina, peanut butter, and raw vegetables.

So...should I be eating more hot food? Is all this cold food going to screw up my metabolism? And I find myself craving soup. I think this weekend I'm going to buy some stuff to cook in my room...but I hate eating in my room because my roomie, her sister, and my other friend are constantly in there and there is literally NO ROOM. And I need to be able to enjoy my food.

So, what is the difference? Is this bad for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Beginner

I personally prefer warmer foods, but there's nothing wrong with eating all cold foods. In fact, most (raw foodists would say all, but I disagree with that) raw veggie food has a higher nutrient content than cooked.
#3 Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Beginner

yeah cold food is not bad for you at all

but i love hot food ....
#4 Old 09-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Beginner

I believe that colder foods stop in your stomach longer and hang around for more digestion and warm or hot foods tend to creep faster to the intestine...(partially digested)?
#5 Old 09-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Beginner

So, would eating hot foods be better if I want to slightly speed up the digestive process? Is this why I only get hungry every 8 hours???? My metabolism is like a slug with all the cold food. And I really love warm food, I just never can cook!
#6 Old 09-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Beginner

I'll check into it.
#7 Old 09-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountessKerouac View Post

So, would eating hot foods be better if I want to slightly speed up the digestive process? Is this why I only get hungry every 8 hours???? My metabolism is like a slug with all the cold food. And I really love warm food, I just never can cook!

I kind of doubt it. It would be reasonable to guess that cooked food might be more easily digested due to the cooking process facilitating the breakdown of proteins and stuff as opposed to the raw stuff. The difference being between raw and cooked food, not hot and cold.

I personally do feel like sometimes that I need hot food and that is the only thing that will satisfy me. Sometimes just some herbal tea hits the spot.
#8 Old 09-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Beginner

Why not try eating more warm/hot food and see how you feel? I know I feel unbalanced if eat all cold or all hot food.
#9 Old 09-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Beginner

Man, I would not survive on only cold foods (even tho about 75% of my foods ARE cold :-P). But I need my oatmeal in the morning - everything else is too harsh on the stomach that early. So, I would definitely recommend adding some soup, steamed veggies or even baked beans into your diet. It can be VERY soothing. Plus, I can only speak for myself but, I'm usually ALWAYS sooo cold that hot food helps warm me up. Summer, winter, fall - doesn't matter. I always seem to be cold. Thank God for heaters and hot food, lol. My co-workers even tease me cause I leave my heater on all-year long.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page