Need help to change diet - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-16-2017, 09:28 AM

Unhappy Need help to change diet

Hello sorry i'm new in this forum so I don't really know where to post and i'm not english so my english is not perfect haha.

So I am vegetarian for 2 years now with huge vegan tendancies (I eat animal only when I eat pasteries (so rarely) or yogurt), I am 17 years old and I am in exchange in Poland for 1 year!

But..I am suffering anorexia for a year, and I can't continue like that, I really want to change..So i began watching a lot of documentary and videos and i conclues that the 80/10/10 diet or the Starch Solution is the most adapted diet for us! I want to try this to recover and to save by body and my mind but I am really afraid to became overweight as I was before..because I am really small and i am affraid to gain a lot fast

Is there anybody who have this diet and who can help me? I don't know where to start, Like for example, is the bread part of this diet ?
thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukali View Post
Hello sorry i'm new in this forum so I don't really know where to post and i'm not english so my english is not perfect haha.

So I am vegetarian for 2 years now with huge vegan tendancies (I eat animal only when I eat pasteries (so rarely) or yogurt), I am 17 years old and I am in exchange in Poland for 1 year!

But..I am suffering anorexia for a year, and I can't continue like that, I really want to change..So i began watching a lot of documentary and videos and i conclues that the 80/10/10 diet or the Starch Solution is the most adapted diet for us! I want to try this to recover and to save by body and my mind but I am really afraid to became overweight as I was before..because I am really small and i am affraid to gain a lot fast

Is there anybody who have this diet and who can help me? I don't know where to start, Like for example, is the bread part of this diet ?
thank you in advance

Hi yukali,

Welcome to VeggieBoards!

Yukali, before you make any further changes to your diet, I really want to encourage you to talk to a therapist about your anorexia. Do you have access to a therapist through your school?

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
#3 Old 09-16-2017, 01:18 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your respond!
I use to have a Therapist in france , it did not help me much because I think that enclose me in the illness, I really want to be "normal" and not ill ...
In my school I don't know if there is one :/

#4 Old 09-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your respond!
I use to have a Therapist in france , it did not help me much because I think that enclose me in the illness, I really want to be "normal" and not ill ...
In my school I don't know if there is one :/

Hi yukali,

Do you attend university? If so, you may be able to see a therapist for free, through your university's Student Health Center.

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

#5 Old 09-17-2017, 10:00 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:

thank you in advance

Hi yukali,

John McDougall's website provides many details of his Starch Solution diet: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/e...ore-you-begin/

However, please be aware that the Starch Solution has been criticized for claiming that dietary calcium is not important, and for claiming that vegans should not take vitamin D supplements. Instead, I really would encourage you to look at the Vegan Society's nutrition webpage; it really is better, and more complete: https://www.vegansociety.com/resourc...ition-overview

You are correct; the Starch Solution diet includes whole grain bread. All mainstream vegan organizations recommend that people include whole grain foods in their diet:

The "ChooseVeg" website has very easy meal ideas. Here is their "Build a Meal" webpage: http://www.chooseveg.com/buildameal

_________

Last edited by David3; 09-17-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Tags
801010 , stachsolution , Vegan , vegeratian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page