Vegan Weight Loss Programs - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By David3
  • 1 Post By silva

#1 Old 06-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Beginner

Post Vegan Weight Loss Programs

Out of curiosity, are there any vegan weight loss programs? I don't need to lose weight myself, I am just curious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cheers,
Riuma

Copyright to this Riuma. All rights reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riuma View Post
Out of curiosity, are there any vegan weight loss programs? I don't need to lose weight myself, I am just curious.

Kaiser Permanente, one of the largest health insurance companies in the United States, has a medically-approved plant-based diet program (completely vegan): https://share.kaiserpermanente.org/w...et-booklet.pdf

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
#3 Old 06-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
Kaiser Permanente, one of the largest health insurance companies in the United States, has a medically-approved plant-based diet program (completely vegan): https://share.kaiserpermanente.org/w...et-booklet.pdf

I made a shortened link for that: http://beam.to/vegandiet

Cheers,
Riuma

Copyright to this Riuma. All rights reserved.

#4 Old 06-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

I heard Dr Neal Barnard speak on his '21 day vegan weight loss' book tour. I have the book, and its pretty clear that eating a whole food-plant based diet is the way to achieve, and maintain, a healthy weight.
Dr Furhman 'eat to live'
Forks over Knives
Riuma likes this.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#5 Old 06-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Healthy

I would start with a physical and get your hormone levels checked and your Thyroid levels checked.

If those check out talk with a dietician. Try taking some Metamucil to help regulate your bowel movements.

Best of luck to you
#6 Old 06-12-2017, 08:29 AM

I am not on this but have heard a bit about Dr. Mcdougall's program. I believe he advocates for a low fat plant based diet.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/e...ugall-program/
#7 Old 06-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferncat View Post
I am not on this but have heard a bit about Dr. Mcdougall's program. I believe he advocates for a low fat plant based diet.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/e...ugall-program/

Dr. McDougall is a steadfast champion of vegan diets, but some of his recommendations and claims are contrary to those of mainstream vegan organizations. Here are some of his claims that get him in hot water:

* Humans only need 5% of calories from protein
* People should not take vitamin D supplements
* Meals should be 70% to 90% starchy whole foods
* Vegans don't need to focus on getting enough calcium

_________

“Under the twinkling trees was a table covered with Guatemalan fabric, roses in juice jars, wax rose candles from Tijuana and plates of food — Weetzie's Vegetable Love-Rice, My Secret Agent Lover Man's guacamole, Dirk's homemade pizza, Duck's fig and berry salad and Surfer Surprise Protein Punch, Brandy-Lynn's pink macaroni, Coyote's cornmeal cakes, Ping's mushu plum crepes and Valentine's Jamaican plantain pie."

from Witch Baby, Francesca Lia Block, 1991
#8 Old 06-13-2017, 04:00 AM

It may not be what you meant, but extended fresh juice fast makes you lose weight. Certainly some of it is water weight, but calorie restriction with liquids is also much easier. You can be more precise. With a liquid diet you're less likely to keep on going back to the fridge compulsively.
#9 Old 06-13-2017, 05:50 AM
Healthy

The exersie is a simple, step by step plan that allows users to reverse the symptoms of conditions like heart disease and diabete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page