Reducing Appetite on Vegan Diet - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-14-2015, 06:44 PM

Reducing Appetite on Vegan Diet

I am at the higher end of a healthy weight, and want to lose about 10-15 lbs. I used to be obese (which I lost just by cutting out processed foods). At one point I was about 20 lbs lighter than I am now, but I put it back on. To maintain that weight, I would have had to diet for the rest of my life.

I have been vegan for the last 6 months and predominantly plant-based for 2 years. My diet is mostly whole foods, I do both strength and cardio on a regular basis. I typically eat between 2000-2500 calories per day. I usually get around 75 g of fiber daily and around 65-70 g of protein. My diet is probably about 25% fat (from avocados, nuts and seeds). I get enough sleep. I only eat added sugar and refined carbs as a treat.

I was wondering what strategies work to be satisfied for less calories on a vegan diet (I want to aim for 1800-2000 calories per day). I'm already following the tips most health organizations give. Being hungry half of the day doesn't work for me... I just end up bingeing on junk food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-15-2015, 04:00 AM

A 500 calorie a day swing is pretty big, and then if you go into more of a deficit on top of that, think about it, Dropping from 2500 to 1800 is a 700 calorie difference, you're going to feel starving.
Have you tried calculating your macros and just tracking them? It's the most simple way to lose a bit of fat and change your body composition. You'd eat the same calories and macro breakdown each day and it would only be set at a slight deficit for your individual needs, which means you won't be ravenous.
You can also create the deficits with training.
What's your strength training like? Nothing helps me lean out like 6 weeks of very heavy lifting.
#3 Old 09-15-2015, 06:53 AM
Beginner

Im having diet concerns as well with my lack of income. https://venusvegan.wordpress.com/201...mployed-vegan/

#4 Old 09-15-2015, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Suggestions...The reasoning behind this is just getting the most out of the good foods.
That is a good diet - cutting out processed foods - And the next step to consider thinking about working on is more raw and food combining practices.
Raw foods are more energy efficient - some cooked foods especially when overcooked can be less energy efficient (more of a dead weight) Fruitarian and raw-food practice rarely have over-weight issues.
Combine foods better - poorly combined foods don't digest as well and have other affects that inhibit energy. (Look up food combining and see what makes sense about it and what works for you).
Exercise..
Staying preoccupied with a journey (walk, run, bike) or work project can help make us glad to not have a heavy stomach and food thoughts don't dominate the mind as much. (Thoughts of what is in the fridge is a comfort zone addiction).

Caring about our health is caring about our very state of being and future which is a very good thing to be seriously concerned about making the most of.

http://TRUEHEALTHHAPPENS.COM

Tags
Vegan , weight loss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page