Ideal Protien Diet - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Beginner

Only reason I bring this up here is to learn a bit about it because it is catching on in my town like gangbusters. From what I gather it seems like a very controlled low-fat atkins style diet that seems to work because it's a severe calorie restricted diet (like 700-900 calories for phase I) that also kicks you into ketosis. IMO it sound horrible for you. Seriously I have never, never been aware of so many people doing any kind of diet like this at once.

From what I gather one pays $250 for the initial consult and then about $100/week for their products and they will kick you out if you don't stick with it.

Any one know anybody who has been on this long-term or who was on it and then went off? I've got a feeling peeps weight are going to balloon once they can no longer stick with it.

Anyway it's unreal the $ that are being forked over.

I think it has been in Canada for like 10 years and is just catching on on our side of the boarder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Beginner

That's crazy. I think I drink more calories than that in a day, not counting food. People will fall for anything.
#3 Old 04-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

That's crazy. I think I drink more calories than that in a day, not counting food. People will fall for anything.

I know, they also tell you you are not supposed to exercise in the beginning too... Not that you could you with that low of calories and no glucose for your muscles to burn.

Anyway my wife has co-workers jumping on the band wagon and I had numerous clients tell me they were doing it along with lots of other acquaintances who are now doing it. I guess easy quick weight loss sells. I just worry about what damage they might be doing to themselves long term.
#4 Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Only reason I bring this up here is to learn a bit about it because it is catching on in my town like gangbusters. From what I gather it seems like a very controlled low-fat atkins style diet that seems to work because it's a severe calorie restricted diet (like 700-900 calories for phase I) that also kicks you into ketosis. IMO it sound horrible for you. Seriously I have never, never been aware of so many people doing any kind of diet like this at once.

From what I gather one pays $250 for the initial consult and then about $100/week for their products and they will kick you out if you don't stick with it.

Any one know anybody who has been on this long-term or who was on it and then went off? I've got a feeling peeps weight are going to balloon once they can no longer stick with it.

Anyway it's unreal the $ that are being forked over.

I think it has been in Canada for like 10 years and is just catching on on our side of the boarder.

Those who do that are morons.

Ketodiets needs no fancy products.

And I've seen plenty of people do it successfully without regaining the weight.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#5 Old 04-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Forster, is this the one they call "medically supervised weight loss"? Some failure doctors in my area have taken on patients, putting them on a 500 calorie/day diet, B12 injections, and a medication that deters appetite. I knew about a dozen women at my workplace on this plan. We nicknamed it the Crack Diet, though I think the Meth diet would be closer to the truth.

They all lost weight fast, and had a lot of energy. And spent a lot of money. And they *all* gained the weight back fast as soon as they stopped the "plan".
#6 Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Beginner

"Low fat Atkins" is an interesting term indeed :/ The idea of a keto diet is to replace carbs with fats, not to drop both. Getting the majority of calories from protein can mess you up.

I've seen carbohydrate based as well as fat based diets work well. Protein based diets, especially with low physical activity, are a good way to get kidney damage. Protein is great for tissue repair, but the process of converting it to energy is very taxing on the system.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." Bruce Lee.

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club)

#7 Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

That's certainly privilege to pay that kind of money to starve yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Some failure doctors in my area have taken on patients, putting them on a 500 calorie/day diet, B12 injections, and a medication that deters appetite. I knew about a dozen women at my workplace on this plan.

Are they nurses? That would be disappointing.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#8 Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

That's certainly privilege to pay that kind of money to starve yourself!

Are they nurses? That would be disappointing.

One nurse, the rest were aides, unit secretaries, and a bunch of the cafeteria workers. It was so expensive, too! One doctor gave hospital workers a discount. It was a short-lived fad because they all gained it back so fast.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page