Restarting Yoga - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jasminedesi16
  • 2 Post By Rhys
  • 1 Post By veganfitnessjunkie

#1 Old 12-05-2015, 04:20 PM

Restarting Yoga

Last year I was weightlifting and doing light stretches to keep fit. However this year I did do anything starting from January 1st until now. I really want to start back exercising, but I want to try yoga instead of weightlifting. Also, since transferring to a university from community college, my diet is slowly dissolving into junk food and the occasional piece of fruit or salad.

How can I jump back into the swing of things? How can I slowly introduce my healthy foods back into my diet? Does anyone know of a good yoga studio in the Austin, TX area or a great online program?

DBRITTANY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello! I'm not sure if this will help you but this yoga channel on youtube has a lot for beginners or people getting back into yoga:

I would do very easy slow yoga routines until you can go into the harder routines. Maybe get some beginner yoga DVDs before starting the class?
#3 Old 12-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch

I love Yoga With Adrienne! Isn't she located in Austin, TX as well? Maybe check out her website: http://yogawithadriene.com/yoga-classes-in-austin-tx/

Since I live in the midwest, I just watch her videos on youtube and practice on my own.
LedBoots and Jasminedesi16 like this.

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.

#4 Old 12-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
I love Yoga With Adrienne! Isn't she located in Austin, TX as well? Maybe check out her website: http://yogawithadriene.com/yoga-classes-in-austin-tx/

Since I live in the midwest, I just watch her videos on youtube and practice on my own.
I love Yoga With Adrienne too! Whenever I can't make a class I do her yoga videos, I practically do her yoga for sleep every night :P
#5 Old 12-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Veggie Regular

There are so many different kinds of yoga so please try many different styles with different teachers to try to find the right fit for you.
I take a hot vinyassa class at my nearby Lifetime Fitness. They have a nice big yoga studio and the class is just perfect for me. The moves are fairly quick and the music is fun. I like the heat too because it helps me relax and stretch. They do hot yogo a little cooler than Bikram. There's a Lifetime in Austin. I don't know if it has a yoga studio or if a membership is in your budget but you might want to go take a look and see. If you join, list me as the person who recommended you!
https://www.lifetimefitness.com/
#6 Old 12-13-2015, 07:37 PM

I use a Yoga Studio app on my iPhone. I would also check if there are yoga classes offered at your university.
LedBoots likes this.

Tags
fitness , yoga

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page