Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-17-2015, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Argh! I totally needed this today!

Loving your videos!
#3 Old 03-17-2015, 02:59 AM
Beginner

In order to be effective, the plank should be much longer.
The dive bombs look like they don't work the abs at all, as the abdominal muscles are barely contracted during any part of the exercise.
Each exercise should really be done for about 30 reps.

I suggest adding side bends (you barely touched the obliques at all), incline situps, leg raises (preferably hanging) and ab roller work (you can buy them for about 5 bucks).

You should add a disclaimer that these exercises will barely make any difference to the size of your abs, as the majority of ab definition comes down to diet, and will only really improve abdominal strength.

#4 Old 03-17-2015, 03:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPill View Post
In order to be effective, the plank should be much longer.
The dive bombs look like they don't work the abs at all, as the abdominal muscles are barely contracted during any part of the exercise.
Each exercise should really be done for about 30 reps.

I suggest adding side bends (you barely touched the obliques at all), incline situps, leg raises (preferably hanging) and ab roller work (you can buy them for about 5 bucks).

You should add a disclaimer that these exercises will barely make any difference to the size of your abs, as the majority of ab definition comes down to diet, and will only really improve abdominal strength.
Or you should read the comment where she says it's to add to a larger work out or as a quick thing to do when someone doesn't have a lot of time and wants to at least get moving? Or maybe have a look at a few of the other videos that have to do with eating healthy?

I think it's really unfair to come in with a negative tone and put down someone else's efforts to help people out. Is it a full work out? No and she says that.

But what it does provide, for those of us who have not been exercising with intent, is a nice way to get back into it without feeling too defeated the first time. Plus, most of the exercises don't require anything special to do them. Like I said before, I needed this video today. I've got a fair bit of work ahead of me and something like this? I can do. 5 minutes is doable for me right now, it's achievable and small achievements lead to larger ones. It's obviously not going to make me ripped, but it's something to start with and I think that's good.
#5 Old 03-18-2015, 02:11 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
Or you should read the comment where she says it's to add to a larger work out or as a quick thing to do when someone doesn't have a lot of time and wants to at least get moving? Or maybe have a look at a few of the other videos that have to do with eating healthy?

I think it's really unfair to come in with a negative tone and put down someone else's efforts to help people out. Is it a full work out? No and she says that.

But what it does provide, for those of us who have not been exercising with intent, is a nice way to get back into it without feeling too defeated the first time. Plus, most of the exercises don't require anything special to do them. Like I said before, I needed this video today. I've got a fair bit of work ahead of me and something like this? I can do. 5 minutes is doable for me right now, it's achievable and small achievements lead to larger ones. It's obviously not going to make me ripped, but it's something to start with and I think that's good.
What comment? It didn't appear in the video, it wasn't posted here, and it wasn't in the video description. Why would I look at more videos when I find faults with the first?

If someone wants to make an instructional video, it should be effective and well researched.
I provided constructive criticism which will allow her to make more informed videos should she choose to make more.

The exercises I suggested don't require anything special apart from the ab roller which is really affordable, and they can also be done in 5-10 minutes.

When I see a video called "5 minute abs", I would expect that. The title is false advertising, I would have tacked 'workout' to the end of it.

Tags
fitness , healthy , Vegan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page